Thinking about a new amp

thieves&foxes

I am a PRS fanboy. There I said it, but seriously what not to love about these guitars, amps and basses hey?

I am thinking about a new amplifer. My SE 30 is a really great amp and I am very, very happy with it.

What I am looking for is a head and cab (PRS of course) with great cleans, and good drive. Most of what I am playing at the moment is more ambient stuff, lots of delays, reverbs etc through a clean channel. As far as I know the HDXA and DG amps are not available for sale outside the USA,

any advise?:2channelh:

The 2 channel ticks all your boxes. I have the "H" version, both combo and head. Very happy with its tone and versatility, although the head is currently being repaired.

What I love about the single-channel heads is that they have gobs of personality and vibe, more so than I've found with great two channel amps, whether you're running them clean or dirty. With a DG30 and HXDA, you turn the amp on, and there is no mistaking exactly what it is.

Whether that kind of thing would enhance what you're doing with effects to build up ambient tones, or detract from your creative vision, is another question, of course. It's hard to dial out personality!

Clearly you could go either way and be right, as it's a matter of choice/taste/etc.

Last edited:
I have yet to play a core amp I didn't like! I didn't think I'd like the Archon, but ...it's amazing.

How much power do you think you need? Is weight an issue? How do you like your crunch?

Back