Thinking About A Modern Eagle 5?

CVS

Not so new member
I am starting to get somwhat serious about purchasinga PRS modern Eagle 5? Do any of you have one? If yes, I would be interested in your feedback., especially with respect to the single coil sounds in a 5 positions. I am not in a position to go "try before I buy", so feedback is appreciated.

Thanks for any comments that you have.

I've gotten the bug for one recently. So far I haven't been able to find the right finish; really hoping a Yellow Tiger will spring up somewhere.

I am starting to get somwhat serious about purchasinga PRS modern Eagle 5? Do any of you have one? If yes, I would be interested in your feedback., especially with respect to the single coil sounds in a 5 positions. I am not in a position to go "try before I buy", so feedback is appreciated.

Thanks for any comments that you have.
I have one with an Ash body and neck . It is by far the most stratty of all my PRSs in single coil mode , much more so than the 513 or Customs or even the DGT.
I highly recommend it as the ultimate Swiss Army knife as with gain and some eq, it goes into Les Paul territory perfectly as well.
I suspect one with a mahogany body and neck would be less stratty but not dramatically so

I'm waiting on one of these...

TKadlup.png

I have one with an Ash body and neck . It is by far the most stratty of all my PRSs in single coil mode , much more so than the 513 or Customs or even the DGT.
I highly recommend it as the ultimate Swiss Army knife as with gain and some eq, it goes into Les Paul territory perfectly as well.
I suspect one with a mahogany body and neck would be less stratty but not dramatically so
I had no idea that Modern Eagles were out there with an Ash body. Now you have me thinking...and looking. Thanks for the input.

Skeptical about humbucker guitars doin’ single coils.
My 408-based guitars have done them very well. The Special Semi does a surprisingly credible job, esp in the 2 and 4 positions.

One thing about single coils that rarely gets discussed is which single coils are we talking about? P-90s? Strats? Teles? Rickenbacker toasters? Gold foil? Etc.

There are lots of varieties within each of those, too. Most people automatically think Strat I guess. I think P-90 because they’re more my thing.

I try to be open minded on pickup styles, which is good because when it comes to audio and gear, I’m set in my ways!

I am really looking forward to mine arriving. I am hoping it will scratch my 408 itch but even if it doesn’t I expect it will be amazing in its own right.

I absolutely love my Modern Eagle V it is my favorite guitar hands-down. Great usable sounds extremely diverse I will call in a Paul’s guitar on steroids. I highly recommend it trying to remember I believe it’s 21 different pickup sounds. Keep in mind though it is a different animal from the 513. I would say that the TCI pups compare more to the vintage 513 sounds not when you have to pickup selector switch on modern humbucker (513). I hope I explained that properly.

Get one, you won’t be disappointed!!

My 408-based guitars have done them very well. The Special Semi does a surprisingly credible job, esp in the 2 and 4 positions.

One thing about single coils that rarely gets discussed is which single coils are we talking about? P-90s? Strats? Teles? Rickenbacker toasters? Gold foil? Etc.

There are lots of varieties within each of those, too. Most people automatically think Strat I guess. I think P-90 because they’re more my thing.

I try to be open minded on pickup styles, which is good because when it comes to audio and gear, I’m set in my ways!
They have beautiful single coil sounds is all I could say. The TCI pick ups are incredible. I’m attaching the PRS video link listen to the single coil sounds. I believe they are Strat sounding but I don’t have a Strat or Telle anymore to compare them to. Single coil sounds are much different than original 408 pickups before these TCI versions. They sound incredible I don’t think you’d be disappointed, check out the video.

They have beautiful single coil sounds is all I could say. The TCI pick ups are incredible. I’m attaching the PRS video link listen to the single coil sounds. I believe they are Strat sounding but I don’t have a Strat or Telle anymore to compare them to. Single coil sounds are much different than original 408 pickups before these TCI versions. They sound incredible I don’t think you’d be disappointed, check out the video.

Completely agree with these two posts. Easily the best "single coil" sound from a PRS split, to date.

I'm waiting on one of these...

TKadlup.png
Good luck on your search. Given the price, I don't plan to compromise on the color / finish with this guitar, as I have done on a few others.
I have seen quite a few WL and similar runs done for the ME V, in various configurations to whet your whistle. I thought there were a bunch announced/listed in the Dealers Thread area, but I can't find too many.

Brian's has a pre-order (as noted, due "soon") for WL ME Vs, with quilted tops, in two configurations, same woods as the ones above in the image.

The RW-neck/BRW FB config is all sold out, I believe (I have one pre-ordered), but the other config with Ash body and flamed maple neck is still avail in all finishes, it appears.

Back