Think PRS will ever make a Tele?

I didn't realize it was yours. In that I case I apologize, and I'll refrain from commenting anymore on it.

The best tele to me is the one built. That's the very nature of a tele. A tele doesn't have to be refined or polished. That's a tele to me. Otherwise it's Fender. I'm not a huge fan of established companies taking a design form another and stamping it as their own because they change a headstock or the likes. On the flip side I get it. They are a business, want to capture a market, and there are only so many designs to go around. Personally, I would rather see brands excel at what they do best, keep production streamlined, open up innovation on their products, and more for the consumer's dollar instead of copying someone's wheel.

No need to apologize!! You like what you like for the reasons that matter to you.

I think I have only played one really good Telecaster style guitar. I wish I had bought it, but it would have been irresponsible at the time. It was a Suhr with an unusually wide fretboard (for a Suhr). That will probably never happen again.

I think this is all about market demand and production costs. Cost some money to make a new line, new tooling, etc. (who knows how much really) but IMO PRS could put a stick on a cigar box and I would trust that is kills LoL

I'm curious what improvements everyone thinks a Tele needs. How would PRS make one better than the original?

This is actually meant to be a serious question. I don't see many needed upgrades.

1/ The main thing for me is the string spread = insufficient reveal, so those e strings keep getting pushed over the edge.
2/ The switch is too close to the knob (some people replace the control plate for this reason).

Classic Teles:
3/ The 7.25" rad not ideal for soloing
4/ 21 frets. C# top fret!
5/ triple saddle bridge. not good for intonation. also looks like something cobbled together from a bag of leftover bits
6/ ergonomics. eg no heel relief, no belly cut etc.

Because of 1/ I have a MIJ Fujigen build copy of a tele.

For the next 90 minutes I also have a Fender TC90. it's due to be sold at noon today. It's almost perfect in every way, but Fender have a knack of pulling the rug out from under me. The heavily rolled edges spoil it completely so reluctantly, it has to go. If it was a conventional bolt on neck, I'd replace it, but its a set neck on this version.
vzQ1hrS.jpg

Myles Kennedy has recently been sporting a Tele shaped guitar with maple PRS neck and 2 narrowfield pickups.

So my guess would for the right price YES.
congratulations, you linked to an article that was based on a post on this forum (in another primary dedicated thread that is now on page two).

congratulations, you linked to an article that was based on a post on this forum (in another primary dedicated thread that is now on page two).

Someone needs coffee

Someone needs coffee

I think it's more a warning that you're playing with forces you shouldn't. This is dangerously close to upsetting the time-space-interwebz continuum, which could have caused everything to collapse in on itself, and we could have woken up to a world of unknowable disasters and unrecognizable history.

I think it's more a warning that you're playing with forces you shouldn't. This is dangerously close to upsetting the time-space-interwebz continuum, which could have caused everything to collapse in on itself, and we could have woken up to a world of unknowable disasters and unrecognizable history.
Oh no is TGP here?

Ummm.....

PRS will never make a Telecaster.
They may some day make a guitar that
looks, feels and sounds like a Telecaster
but only Fender can make a genuine Telecaster.

(The same goes for Stratocasters, Jazzmasters and Jaguars.)
Squier would like to have a word with you.

Alan, are you sure this hasn't happened already?

Back