Things you used to do for yourself but...

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
What are some of the things you used to do for yourself, but now pay others to do?

Fresh on my mind for me: tuneups and oil changes...

oil changes, brakes, installing car stereos...I'm just too lazy to be bothered by it anymore.

I will have to echo the above.
When I was very young, I did all my tuneups and oil changes.
I now pay Toyota to do all of that and more.

Use to do my own stereo installs too, but Cartoys has done mine for the past 20 years.

And I can still take my own groceries out to my rig, even though they ask me if I want help out to my rig :D

I just traded in a convertible. Hit me today that I haven't been without a convertible since 1992 or so. Does make me old?

Ya know, I'm hurtling toward that time when the list of things I used to do for myself will include, "I used to be able to feed myself, bathe myself, and get dressed myself..."

You'll laugh.... I may loose my Man Card for this... :rofl:

Pedicure. :eek:

Wife bought me a gift certificate, I tried to give it back you her and she told me it was mine and to use it or not... The "Scot" in me would not let it go to waste! Now that I've been, I may just have to give in and make it a regular deal. :D

I'm close to giving up on oil changes. Oil has gotten so expensive, and there are so many special deals and loyalty programs out there from service centers now, it doesn't seem to save much money anymore.

There are some things I'd love to not do myself anymore, but I don't have the money to pay people. Housecleaning, yard maintenance, auto maintenance...

Here's a twist to your question.....I used to pay others for a haircut, now I just buzz it off myself.

No problem, if I cut them they just waive a Medical Tricorder over me and I'm healed in seconds....you humans should try it.

You'll laugh.... I may loose my Man Card for this... :rofl:

Pedicure. :eek:

Wife bought me a gift certificate, I tried to give it back you her and she told me it was mine and to use it or not... The "Scot" in me would not let it go to waste! Now that I've been, I may just have to give in and make it a regular deal. :D

I have always wanted a professional pedicure, but still do it myself. :girl:

Yardwork. I used to do it all myself... but no more! Have you ever had to wake up at 5:00 AM on a weekend to do yardwork because it's only 90 degrees outside? Because if you wait until 9 or 10 in the morning it'll be 110-115 outside, and you put yourself at risk for heat shock? And then you spend 4 hours in the yard from 5 until 9 AM and you can't bear the heat any more, and the rest of the day is shot because you've exhausted yourself? And also, half your plants are desert native and covered with huge spikes? Have you ever taken a bougainvillea spike through your thumbnail? Have you ever had your forearm covered with impossibly small and clear, yet still so painful cactus burrs? Gloves don't stop them, gloves only make dealing with cactus worse because the burrs get stuck in the glove and then stab you over and over and over again. I had to buy heavy duty rubber chemical gloves just to deal with the cactus.

I don't work on the yard, my car or my guitars.

And for the last four months of 2012 I wasn't cleaning the house. I decided the expense wasn't worth it. If I looked into it again I'd try and find an individual over a business to save some cash.

Back