Things I find hard to understand

I’d be curious to hear your reasoning for hating satin someday.

I don’t dislike satin per se, and I should have clarified. What I don’t like is satin on highly-figured wood. I’ve never understood taking a bling top, and limiting the figure without gloss. But it’s purely an aesthetic thing, and that is subjective. No right or wrong; it’s just not for me. I do like the feel of a satin neck, but I wouldn’t spend the extra dough for a figured maple neck and not gloss it.

Ok, your turn........why the war on blue?

“Electric guitar tonewood myth”

Is it really that difficult to hear? Is it really that difficult to analyse?

I don’t dislike satin per se, and I should have clarified. What I don’t like is satin on highly-figured wood. I’ve never understood taking a bling top, and limiting the figure without gloss. But it’s purely an aesthetic thing, and that is subjective. No right or wrong; it’s just not for me. I do like the feel of a satin neck, but I wouldn’t spend the extra dough for a figured maple neck and not gloss it.

Ok, your turn........why the war on blue?
That was unexpected. An obvious oversight on my part but then again, the gutter was a safe destination.

Its not how I listen to music - I still buy CD's!! What I want to know though is what happened to hi-fi systems? Just recently, I was looking to replace my 'old' Hifi - A Kenwood multi CD thing that I couldn't turn up beyond a third without the windows (and possibly the walls) shaking but its giving me a few annoying issues so want to replace but I can't find anything that 'compares' - just cheap and/or micro systems. Just 1 of my Kenwood speakers are bigger than some systems...

Not all of us consumes music on their 'smart phone' but they certainly seem to be trying to force is that way with no decent Hi-fi systems to play our CD's on...

There's plenty of good gear out there, you're just not going to find it at the department stores. The entry level high end stuff is far superior to must "consumer grade" equipment. And, there is pretty good stuff at the top of the consumer grade stuff that's easy to find and pretty good, like Onkyo receivers.

Going on record as saying that while decorum prevents me from posting photo evidence of it's brilliance (and, my wife would kill me if I tried to get the photos in the first place) I find satin to have a big place in my heart. Along with lace, mesh, and sheer fabrics.

Telephoto lens trained on Julie Bowen’s bedroom window?;)

Yeah, but the rest of the place is almost as nice as Indiana.
1/10 the size for the same price. We came >this< close to buying a place on Kauai years ago and am glad we didn’t. You have to adjust truss rods 4 times a year!

How I can set up 2 guitars of the same model and feel the difference between the action of the 2.

Back