Things I find hard to understand

I'm pretty sure we have an ordinance against that here...and if we don't, we should. I'm going to call Jean Stothert immediately...
What!?!?!?!? How do you know our mayor's name!? Anyway, I don't live in city limits.
And I just asked about walking my dog while visiting my son in Chicago. I just intend to embarrass him in front of his neighbors then leave town.

Why the KEYTAR isn't "a thing" anymore.

krphwKJ.gif

.... and if PRS was once considering a synthesizer division ...

Why didn't he come out with one?

w4q2hvy.jpg

Were you guys aware that the keytar was introduced into rock music by Todd Rundgren's keyboardist, Roger Powell, back in the late 70s?

Enjoyed the pleasure of watching Utopia in '77 as Nassau Coliseum on Long Island, NY when Utopia was touring for their RA album release earlier that year. Powell used the keytar in the Nassau performance, but I've not located footage of the keytar in years following...this footage has a new keyboardist in 2018...

Though IMO, Utopia was way ahead of its time in the concept album department, and light-years ahead in the songwriting...if perhaps this interests you, my former college buddies wish you well from '77...

........why people post huge long rambling thoughts that take up more than four inches of forum space without the courtesy of a space or paragraph break.

Edit, edit edit and your posts will be more concise and likely to be read

So, you’re more into one liners, and not so much conversations. I read something today that said “why will people who need to have an actual conversation send 400 back and forth texts instead of just making one 5 minute phone call?”

When someone asks for a detailed answer or description, or someone is telling a story, there will be long posts. I could elaborate further, but...

:)

That said, when I had my 17” laptop out the other day, that Julie Bowen pic was taking up at least 10” of screen. It was life size! And you sure didn’t hear me complaining. :D:D Guess it’s all relative.

I measured my part of this post (not the copied part) on my iPad Air and it is 3.7” so I’m safe.

TWSS! (Oops, just went over 4!)

Well my daughter texts in abbreviations and that is too bizarre. I refer only to verbal diarrhea that goes nowhere. Conversations like a long and winding road are great, I hate people stuck on rotaries.

That’s because old men hate everything. I refuse to get old because I like liking stuff.

I am 'old' but I think its more like old people have been 'burnt' by liking stuff that lets them down or more experience of trying things which over time narrows down the things we like. Its not that we 'hate' everything, it means that we are far more experienced and now know exactly what we like - much more particular and/or refined our lists...

:D:D

Back