They Raised the Glass and spoke the Toast - "VELA!"

aphantomvaper

Bend it to the Owl!
Tobacco Burst Satin Vela

I like this more than the S2 594! The feel is silky, smooth wood and super sustaining tone. I don't think I've ever owned a Nitro Finish Guitar before. This is totally work the 1K!!

The neck pickup is the greatest with some KLON and rolled off tone. Killer, just killer!

The Full Deal
jfCpMwh.jpg

She's got a smooth back side that is gorgeous to touch
4znWpgJ.jpg

Those frets go from here to ya ya! Smooth...
6XcE30m.jpg

Head Shot
B1SNZu9.jpg

Unwrapped body, I'm keeping her!
k9f8chj.jpg

Sweet! Coincidentally, I just picked up a Vela too; a 2018 in Champagne Gold... I had a Vintage White one from the original run but let it go a couple years back to help pay for my Exp2018 Special 22 SH, then I missed it a lot for a while, then this one came my way... Just something about a Vela; they're kind of a force of nature...

Nice one!!! Those satin finishes are superb, have an S2 Standard 22 Satin and love it dearly. Hoping they apply it to the S2 594’s in the future, can you imagine?

That being said, those Velas are amazing, fabulous pickups.

Sleep well knowing you got a smokin deal, I think the price of Satin S2’s just went up considerably. They were an unbelievable bargain at their old price.

Congrats on your new 6 pound baby...
Would you consider changing the black pickguard to tortoise pickguard?
I was planning that before I received the guitar and decided to hold off ordering until I actually received the guitar.

So, yes, yes I am putting up n a Tortoise pick guard. It will look "right".

Nice one!!! Those satin finishes are superb, have an S2 Standard 22 Satin and love it dearly. Hoping they apply it to the S2 594’s in the future, can you imagine?

That being said, those Velas are amazing, fabulous pickups.

Sleep well knowing you got a smokin deal, I think the price of Satin S2’s just went up considerably. They were an unbelievable bargain at their old price.
Right! I was surprised at the increase! Makes it a bit sweeter.

Overall this is such a nice guitar! Putting it through its paces brought smiles and grins. The satin nitro smooth grain finish is the best I've felt in a long time.

Having all the hardware "right" makes me only want to change the pick guard. It is perfect.

I really like the finish and color balance. Brass and chrome at the bridge, gold and chrome at the head stock! Gorgeous browns in between.

The bridge! The smooth barrels are a joy to rest a hand on and makes palm muting super easy to control!

The pickups are great, GREAT! Clean is fucking stellar! It sounds amazing through the Klon! The harmonic thing with the neck pickup is weird but affects nothing tone-wise.

One thing I noticed...not a detraction! I can't find a scarf joint in the neck. The wood grain appears to be uninterrupted! Its cool looking.

Overall I give it 7 out of 5 stars. This was more enjoyable than unboxing the S2 594 a year ago, and that was a great guitar!

Again, thank you trusted forum!

Back