They just keep making them better... (NPGD)!

Herr Squid

I was severely impressed
If PRS wasn't so blasted good at making their guitars better and better each year, I wouldn't have to keep buying 'em!

This company really has their racket figured out. They made me an accidental guitar collector. I don't know when or how, but I can't deny it anymore.

Case in point: This Pauls' Guitar that just landed yesterday. Saw the color, saw the quilt and the features (binding and ME2 birds!), and had to have it. Played it a bunch yesterday and today, and have to say it's a stoopid good guitar! It played great right of the box, and just sings at volume. I thought I was going out on a little bit of a limb with the pickups, but to my ears they have a little more brightness and midrange than a standard humbucker and punch harder than a Fender pickup in single coil mode. They sound great in both modes and just love the Trainwreck model in the Axe-FX II.

The Kool-Aid is strong in this one. I've heard Paul say "sell your old ones and buy the new ones!" Of course he's going to say that, but I'm seriously starting to look at my circa-2002 PRSi and starting to think they are bit... quaint.

repose.png

different.png

Fantastic guitar!

I keep saying it myself, and have in other threads: the guitars are getting better year after year.

Lots of old guitars are great, but PRS just keeps improving the breed.

Nice guitar....congrats!

And, I agree, my '12 P22 is a better guitar in nearly every way than the 2 I owned before (a '98 and an '02). A Paul's Guitar and a 408 are on my list of must-plays.

I had to PRY this guitar from Beverly's hands to sell it! Congrats Dave, thats a WINNER!!

I totally agree when you say that PRS are making guitars better every year. Please, collectors don't hate me, but every year looks like their instruments are improving somehow. I had the opportunity to play some older PRS (circa 1990's, 2000's) and they are not as goos as the 2014 at all.
that's why when I buys PRS guitar I always think twice if I am 100% happy with it, because I know the next year that same model will be improved.

Back