There's nothing worse than ....

The music at NBA games (techno disco remixed hiphop) is pretty rough. It doesn't even have the funkiness of the original hiphop beats.
I think I could at least laugh off the organist doing old Pop.

;-) This hits home for me, bringing back fond memories of my mom. She was a gifted pianist, organist. She played in the church for about 40 yrs. as the organist or solo piano accompanist. When not doing that, she would play on Fridays and Saturdays at a Luby's Cafeteria in Dallas.. for their dining pleasure of course. She only read music and taught it to me and to students. She couldn't improvise if Joseph Mengale was standing over her.... Unfortunately, her real honest to goodness B-3 she had in the living room, never so much as learned to swing or sway or rock...She once caught me making some A, D, Eminor kinda swinging stuff and I thought she would call out the exorcist, not for me, but for the organ...;-)

;-) This hits home for me, bringing back fond memories of my mom. She was a gifted pianist, organist. She played in the church for about 40 yrs. as the organist or solo piano accompanist. When not doing that, she would play on Fridays and Saturdays at a Luby's Cafeteria in Dallas.. for their dining pleasure of course. She only read music and taught it to me and to students. She couldn't improvise if Joseph Mengale was standing over her.... Unfortunately, her real honest to goodness B-3 she had in the living room, never so much as learned to swing or sway or rock...She once caught me making some A, D, Eminor kinda swinging stuff and I thought she would call out the exorcist, not for me, but for the organ...;-)
Great story. I used to think that people could be taught creativity. I confused creativity and skill.

Oh, there’s lots that’s worse.

Walking in on your wife while she’s having sex with your butler. Having Lorena Bobbitt as your wife, and she’s mad at you. Discovering that the woman you’ve been married to for ten years is actually your long-lost brother who had a sex change operation. Thinking you can fly off the roof of a tall building during an acid trip. Having every PRS you own stolen. Having your leg stuck in the automatic door of a sinking ship.

And there are worse things than that.

Walking in on your wife while she’s having sex with your butler. Having Lorena Bobbitt as your wife, and she’s mad at you. Discovering that the woman you’ve been married to for ten years is actually your long-lost brother who had a sex change operation. Thinking you can fly off the roof of a tall building during an acid trip. Having every PRS you own stolen. Having your leg stuck in the automatic door of a sinking ship.

That’s a “vessel half empty” kind of philosophy!

Hahaha! Only the sinking ship one.

The wife/butler one, the vessel is pretty full. Depending on the wife and butler, of course.

At some point it’s half full!;)

There are so many things I could say. Unfortunately, they'd all get me banned. I'll keep them to myself ....for future "sessions".

I know this isn't biographical, but it sure has a taste of reality to it. Has a bit of Jerry Springer?

Last edited:
Gonna go a little old school...back on topic..."There's nothing worse than..."
Changing strings and having the freshly cut "G" string end (usually like a .017 or .018) going into your finger, somehow always sneaking up under your nail...
or better yet, the time I swear I felt the string end hit the bone...man, what a great time that was...LOLOL...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna go a little old school...back on topic..."There's nothing worse than..."
Changing strings and having the freshly cut "G" string end (usually like a .017 or .018) going into your finger, somehow always sneaking up under your nail...
or better yet, the time I swear I felt the string end hit the bone...man, what a great time that was...LOLOL...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate when that happens!

Back