There Should Be A David St. Hubbins Stonehenge Model...

I dig Spinal Tap and they have a special place in my heart.

Many years ago when I was in high school, I briefly dated the daughter of a local, but very prominent, attorney. She dated me only to get back at her parents (I was a long haired stoner type and she was the cheerleader but we were often partners in AP classes due to last names). Anyways, her dad and I got along great and it was her moms idea to watch "Spinal Tap" one night on VHS (they had a copy).

Love that movie and that music! Thanks for posting it!!!

I dig Spinal Tap and they have a special place in my heart.

Many years ago when I was in high school, I briefly dated the daughter of a local, but very prominent, attorney. She dated me only to get back at her parents (I was a long haired stoner type and she was the cheerleader but we were often partners in AP classes due to last names). Anyways, her dad and I got along great and it was her moms idea to watch "Spinal Tap" one night on VHS (they had a copy).

Love that movie and that music! Thanks for posting it!!!

Great story!

Oh, I have a story, too. In college, I shared a group house with some guys, and they were watching it, and I got sucked in, and my girlfriend at the time (who later became the ex-wife) came over right in the middle of the scene where they're breaking up, and we're laughing uproariously, and she looks at the screen, and said something to the effect of, "I don't see what's so funny".

I remember catching it for the first time on WTTW (PBS) late at night in my early-teens. I suppose it would please Christopher Guest and the boys to know that some 'lil dude stumbled upon it and couldn't figure out if it was supposed to be real or not... I mean, the only thing that seemed weird was seeing "Meathead" as the director (and the last name not matching up from All In The Family credits) and "Lenny" (from Laverne an' Shirley) with long hair, but I remember thinkin' it was a "real" documentary.

What can I say? It was on channel 11, that boring-ass TV station thats only good shows were Muppets, Benny Hill and Monty Python. It seemed like a legit doc. :oops::D:rolleyes:

I remember catching it for the first time on WTTW (PBS) late at night in my early-teens. I suppose it would please Christopher Guest and the boys to know that some 'lil dude stumbled upon it and couldn't figure out if it was supposed to be real or not... I mean, the only thing that seemed weird was seeing "Meathead" as the director (and the last name not matching up from All In The Family credits) and "Lenny" (from Laverne an' Shirley) with long hair, but I remember thinkin' it was a "real" documentary.

What can I say? It was on channel 11, that boring-ass TV station thats only good shows were Muppets, Benny Hill and Monty Python. It seemed like a legit doc. :oops::D:rolleyes:

Ahhhh.....youth......

Nigel Tufnel: It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black.

One of my all time favorites. Was lucky enough to see them when they first toured. Even then, they were confusing people. As we left the concert some kids who sat up front were complaining that they weren't as good as Sabbath. And I don't believe they were being ironic.

During the show, they spent about 20 minutes doing an acoustic set totally straight. No parody, no jokes until the very end. Basically showing they had real chops.

Oh, I have a story, too. In college, I shared a group house with some guys, and they were watching it, and I got sucked in, and my girlfriend at the time (who later became the ex-wife) came over right in the middle of the scene where they're breaking up, and we're laughing uproariously, and she looks at the screen, and said something to the effect of, "I don't see what's so funny".

I met my wife on Match.com in '02 b/c she was the only one on there quoting Tap.

I met my wife on Match.com in '02 b/c she was the only one on there quoting Tap.

The weird thing is that my wife, who is an otherwise awesome human being, only thought it was kinda-sorta funny.

I don't understand how it's possible to watch that movie and not be laughing the entire time...

But then, she doesn't understand why I'm not into most pop culture stuff, like who the latest movie stars are, and why I don't like watching TV, hate reality shows, etc. Last night on Saturday Night Live she had me watch "The Bookworm" skit, where the contestant chose pop culture, and the bookworm guy couldn't answer any of the questions, and said, "That's you!"

And I said, "Thank goodness. Let's discuss the effect of extreme nationalism on the political landscape of Central and Eastern Europe in the 1930s." That seemed to quiet her down a little.

So, to each his or her own.

Last edited:
You do realize the bigger question is how she chose you out of the dozens of potential candidates that were quoting Tap...or that simply appreciated her quoting Tap...

No, seriously, outstanding!

I don't mean to imply that she didn't appreciate it later, just that she came at what was probably the most serious moment in the movie, and it was so well done, that it was impossible to tell the difference between satire and a real documentary. I probably would have had the same reaction if I started there.

I went to see it in the theaters when it first came out. Twice. Also I saw them on tour in '92-ish while I was in dental school. They seriously can play and put on a great show. If any of you recall, Michael McKean was also in "Light of Day" with Joan Jett and Michael J Fox.

It actually took me a long time to appreciate this film, in retrospect it's hilarious, at the time...........

After getting depressed at how they portrayed how hard rock was going to the wayside here in the states and that they had to go to Japan just to make a buck, I got a cherry on top. You know me, I'm that "they don't make good music anymore" and "today's music sucks" pissed off old grump:mad: so I was already torn (it was a funny flick), but what really kicked me in jewels was my car (63 Nova) got stolen and I had to spend the rest of that night at the police station filing a report.:(

Took me a while on that one, at least I got my car back (minus some parts).:oops:

Back