There is always that ONE chord

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
Watching the Phillies game and practicing some "Slow Down" (an original that my singer wrote). Still a big pain in my a$$ to grab that C sharp minor 7 flat 5 chord directly from a D major. But I'll tell you what, the more I play this particular guitar the more I love it. It was purchased specifically to be the Paul Reed Smith guitar that I played. I have that limited run that almost never leaves the case because I like to keep that one pristine. Blasphemy or not...she is not my player's guitar. But this old girl here plays just as nicely, and I'm not afraid to put my hands all over her. :p

70429589_10162231694090331_4226661154031665152_n.jpg

Last edited:
I bet it is. I got a headache just reading that :eek:
Yeah man. When she originally recorded this song, she did it in Nashville with session artists doing the music. The main instrument was a piano. We currently don't have a keyboard player in the band so we had to adapt it to stringed instruments.....so, some of the chord inversions are challenging on guitar. Fun to play though. And I have cheated in the past playing it live and not hitting that chord as a passing chord between changes. But I am trying to get it down smoothly so I don't have to cheat.

This is what happens when you are NOT a "real" musician......lol

Watching the Phillies game and practicing some "Slow Down" (an original that my singer wrote). Still a big pain in my a$$ to grab that C sharp minor 7 flat 5 chord directly from a D major. But I'll tell you what, the more I play this particular guitar the more I love it. It was purchased specifically to be the Paul Reed Smith guitar that I played. I have that limited run that almost never leaves the case because I like to keep that one pristine. Blasphemy or not...she is not my player's guitar. But this old girl here plays just as nicely, and I'm not afraid to put my hands all over her. :p

70429589_10162231694090331_4226661154031665152_n.jpg

Keep at it, buddy. Isolate that change and practice it over and over to get the muscle memory and coordination down. It'll feel natural after a while.

m7b5 is one of my favorite chords. It can also be used as a 9. Bm7b5 can also be used as a G9. Very T-Bone Walkerish. Great chord for Blues.

For sure!

Back