Then there’s this

Right on! The real question; will it be an addition, or a replacement?

Replacement.

I sold a CU22 Semi-Hollow Ltd. a few years ago during a malignant brain fart episode.

:eek:

As a matter of fact, this will be probably my only Seriously This Is For Sure The Very Last Guitar I Will Ever Buy And I Really Mean It This Time guitar for 2018.

Last edited:
Dude! You’re late. I reserved one of the colors and neck types already.

So Jack is accepting orders by color and neck specifications. Hmmm, in the past I had ordered by a top selection. I know it had been a crap shoot on the final specs on each top since the final decision rested with PRS on stain color of the top and neck wood selection.

Replacement.

I sold a CU22 Semi-Hollow Ltd. a few years ago during a malignant brain fart episode.

:eek:

As a matter of fact, this will be probably my only Seriously This Is For Sure The Very Last Guitar I Will Ever Buy And I Really Mean It This Time guitar for 2018.

I was hoping you would dish on what is leaving the stable. Or, are you going +1?

I have no excuse. Please pass the heroin.

Did someone say 'heroine'?

Wonder-Woman-2-Production-Start-Date-Summer-Uk.jpg

yvonne-craig-batgirl-03.jpg

So Jack is accepting orders by color and neck specifications. Hmmm, in the past I had ordered by a top selection.

Actually, I don’t know it’s like that at all. It wasn’t part of our discussion.

All I did was pick a color and a neck type. I didn’t ask to pick a top.

I have no interest in staring at pieces of wood until my eyeballs hurt. Heck, I didn’t even pick wood for my Private Stocks! Some choices must be left to the Tone Gods. :)

Last edited:
It would have to be semi-hollow 594 for me. I think I would go for the SC as I have the DC core model...

OK gang on picking out Wood Library Guitars, you can do it 2 ways. You can pick a top, We will match up the top when it comes in against the photos that we took. We have no control of what color it is, Or what neck package it will have. PRS matches the tops to the colors that best fit the actual carved and sanded maple top. Maple can be bright white to a Creme color, Bright white is usually for Yellow colors and The creme tops usually go to the darker colors.

You can also pick a color and a neck package. When that specific guitar comes in you get a call and we send it off to you or you come by and pick it up. In this case, You have no control over the top or the figure in the wood. We try to pick wood that will look great no matter which package you choose to go with.

Hope this helps clean up some questions for you folks.

how many guitars is a reasonable amount of guitars? asking for a friend

I consulted the Oracle Bones seeking an answer. Here is what they said:

Only after you have attained complete mastery of one guitar will you know the correct number of guitars to own.

“Gee, that kinda sucks. Have you attained complete mastery of one guitar, Les?”

“It’s impossible to attain complete mastery of any instrument in one lifetime.”

“Kinda screwed the pooch there, didn’t ya?”

“Well, I figure if I can play rather badly using several instruments, I can make up for my lack of mastery in volume.”

Replacement.

Replacements must occur within a relatively short time window (ala a trade) or a sell with purchase within a 60 day timeframe. Les, this technically qualifies as a new acquisition as you aren't "making room for it".

how many guitars is a reasonable amount of guitars? asking for a friend

The answer will vary from person to person so it maybe reasonable for 1 person to have 2-3 guitars whilst its reasonable for another to have 20 (or more).

It really depends on what you 'need' for the music you play. You could get away with just 1 guitar if it suits your music and has the variety of tones you need - especially if you are someone who just plays for fun at home when 'family' commitments allow. If you are gigging, then you may need at least 1 or 2 more so that you always have a spare in case of a string break or for different tunings.

There is a difference though between 'need' and 'want'. There is always going to be a guitar you want but may not need. You shouldn't 'need' more than one or two of the same guitar if you are not gigging or swapping between different tunings but that doesn't mean you can't want for more. I think it becomes unreasonable when you have to put guitars into storage and/or forget which guitars you actually own - unless you are collector of course.

In summary, there is no set answer and varies from person to person. Its unreasonable though not to 'want' more than you need :D

Replacements must occur within a relatively short time window (ala a trade) or a sell with purchase within a 60 day timeframe. Les, this technically qualifies as a new acquisition as you aren't "making room for it".

OK, I’ll accept the technical definition of the Referees. :(

But honestly, I think of this as a replacement for my earlier guitar.

Back