The XPRS13 Photo Thread

My pics are up now, too - http://www.tignanelli.com/ExperiencePRS.htm.

Didn't shoot nearly as many this year, but still got some decent shots. Actually took a couple on the sales floor. I guess I should check the ones on my phone that I was texting home, but...
S2DSC_0135.jpg

I would love to have seen these two pickguards, both bare without anything installed on them, to see how the outlines match up - specifically, I would love to know if a Starla guard would fit on the Mira with a couple extra holes.

If we see a guitar we're 100% serious about buying, how do we find out the precise specs (Okay, all I care about is the neck carve) and which dealer it's going to?

1157693_10152490146495639_753493087_n.jpg
I emailed PRS customer service. Without a serial number they're not able to track down to which dealer any guitar was sold. :(

Can we please PLEASE next year, have some sort of number associated with each guitar so we can track these things down? Assuming this has a pattern neck carve, this is the EXACT guitar I would want, in the exact, special order only finish I would want. It's out there in the world somewhere.

I emailed PRS customer service. Without a serial number they're not able to track down to which dealer any guitar was sold. :(

Can we please PLEASE next year, have some sort of number associated with each guitar so we can track these things down? Assuming this has a pattern neck carve, this is the EXACT guitar I would want, in the exact, special order only finish I would want. It's out there in the world somewhere.

That pic is not from a dealer table... That is one of the guitars not selected by dealers at the event. That means it is likely still up for grabs by YOUR dealer. I suggest that you send the pic to your local dealer and see if they can get their hands on it....

That pic is not from a dealer table... That is one of the guitars not selected by dealers at the event. That means it is likely still up for grabs by YOUR dealer. I suggest that you send the pic to your local dealer and see if they can get their hands on it....
It's worth trying! I'm trying to find out the neck carve before I commit to anything. As much as this is exactly the guitar I'm looking for based on the pic, a pattern thin neck would be a deal breaker. It seems like without the serial number or any other identifiers, a dealer would also have trouble finding out this info.

To everyone I shared a high five, handshake, drink, food, ride, hotel, shirt, smile, conversation, hug or Skype call (spot on Timmy!) with thanks for much for the amazing time. I already miss you all so much.

I'd like to share with everyone a few photos I took during PRS EXP 2013.

3 men and a Carcass.

The King of Kings.
photo+1.JPG

Look how skinny I am!!!
photo+2.JPG

Tim Pierce is amazing. I have to work on a positive attitude and saying what I mean and nothing more...I think it comes naturally for him.
photo+3.JPG

Markie thought they were going halfsies. This is him scratching his head when he realized that wasn't the case.
photo+4.JPG

To my man Moss and The PS Crew...the end of an era...the start of a new...it was an epic time gentlemen. Thanks so much for everything!
photo+1.JPG

To everyone on The PS Crew...you guys are kings amongst men. I sincerely appreciate every moment. Thank you so much. <3, Jesse. See you soon!
photo+2.JPG

And back home to my wonderful wife. The 20th was the 17 year anniversary of our first date which is normally a day we celebrate together. I missed you babe. Here's to making it to MD together very soon.
photo+3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

The easiest way to do that would be to get to EXP with a wad of cash next year... Everybody from the PRS employees, to the dealers, to the attendees are slammed already with way too much to do. I know it's an added cost to attend but if I can swing it, all of y'all with real jobs should be able to also.

The easiest way to do that would be to get to EXP with a wad of cash next year... Everybody from the PRS employees, to the dealers, to the attendees are slammed already with way too much to do. I know it's an added cost to attend but if I can swing it, all of y'all with real jobs should be able to also.

I've had this one used on me before... and I'm hoping to attend next year. But I clearly don't have the budget that some of the collectors here do. So to travel to Maryland from Texas, pay for air fare, rental car, airport parking, hotel, food, drinks, etc., we're talking half or more of what I would need to spend to buy a new low end PRS...

So it's a trade off for me... do I want to have a fun weekend, or do I want more gear? It's a tough call... I've been to PRS events at the factory, before it was the 'official' Experience. Back then they were unofficial PRS forum events (the forum that morphed into TGP). I went to the 2nd of those events and it was a blast! They let you bring guitars back then and Paul rented a restaurant on the bay after a day of tours at the factory. Every table and bar was covered with guitars. It was a blast. Paul & the Dragons played, one of the employee bands played. Paul sat at a table and signed autographs for an hour or more. There was an open jam hosted by Garrett Park/Rick Hogue the next night (we got run out early because Maryland was in the NCAA tourney).

Any way - I know these events can be a ton of fun. I just can't afford to go every year...

I've had this one used on me before... and I'm hoping to attend next year. But I clearly don't have the budget that some of the collectors here do. So to travel to Maryland from Texas, pay for air fare, rental car, airport parking, hotel, food, drinks, etc., we're talking half or more of what I would need to spend to buy a new low end PRS...

So it's a trade off for me... do I want to have a fun weekend, or do I want more gear? It's a tough call... I've been to PRS events at the factory, before it was the 'official' Experience. Back then they were unofficial PRS forum events (the forum that morphed into TGP). I went to the 2nd of those events and it was a blast! They let you bring guitars back then and Paul rented a restaurant on the bay after a day of tours at the factory. Every table and bar was covered with guitars. It was a blast. Paul & the Dragons played, one of the employee bands played. Paul sat at a table and signed autographs for an hour or more. There was an open jam hosted by Garrett Park/Rick Hogue the next night (we got run out early because Maryland was in the NCAA tourney).

Any way - I know these events can be a ton of fun. I just can't afford to go every year...

Ok here's the plan for next year (economy style)
1) book air fare early
2) stay at country inn and suites, stay Thursday night and Friday Night. 2 days max ( $250 total for both nights)
3) Hotel includes free breakfast, eat heartily.
4) PRS provides water, you can get jumbo hot dog for $4 dollars
5) get a shuttle from the airport to hotel if you go to country inn suites you can ride with me to the event and back.
6) plan to have someone drop you off at the airport so you don't have to pay parking.

And back home to my wonderful wife. The 20th was the 17 year anniversary of our first date which is normally a day we celebrate together. I missed you babe. Here's to making it to MD together very soon.
photo+3.JPG

Jesse.... surely you must have had your first date when she was only 4 years old!! ;)

1) book air fare early
2) stay at country inn and suites, stay Thursday night and Friday Night. 2 days max ( $250 total for both nights)
5) get a shuttle from the airport to hotel if you go to country inn suites you can ride with me to the event and back.
6) plan to have someone drop you off at the airport so you don't have to pay parking.

Sounds like a good plan. I followed some of those tips. Didn't end up spending too much.

1) book air fare early

7) Let JustRob know when you're arriving (at BWI) and he'll give you a lift to your hotel.

Back