The X-Ray Thread

Hello gentlemen
My first post here ... just thought it would be nice to post an x ray that had of my 2013 Custom 22.
I thought this guitar was weight relieved because it is incredibly light. But the x ray showed otherwise. Check the image below.
Hope this is helpful.

16924941031_de7cccdc7b_c.jpg

Last edited:
How do you capture these x-rays? Just take them up to the doctor's or dentist's office and say, "I need your x-ray machine for a minute?"

Last edited:
It helps if you have your own x-ray machine... ;)

Ooh, look at Mr. Fancy - "I've got me own x-ray machine!" Back in my day, we had to talk one of our friends into buying x-ray glasses from the back of a comic book if we wanted to look at the innards of our guitars!!!

Ooh, look at Mr. Fancy - "I've got me own x-ray machine!" Back in my day, we had to talk one of our friends into buying x-ray glasses from the back of a comic book if we wanted to look at the innards of our guitars!!!

LOL!!! :D I miss those glasses!

I'd like to see an X-Ray of an SE Zach Myers. I thought I read somewhere that the hollow extended behind the bridge.
It would also be interesting to have a video view of the innards much like the cameras sent down pipes for inspecting problems.
On a side note I'd also like to see a detailed video tour of the Korean plant.

Limited Edition: Cedar top, Tune-o-Matic Bridge...

286838947.jpg

I'll try to find the others I have...

Jamie

Jamie,
Which Limited edition is that? Was it McCarty thickness? I take it that one had the separate back glued on after the routing? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Tag, it was called the "Limited Edition"...

It's in the PRS book. Most had cedar tops, but a few were maple topped. Almost all had the tune-o-matic bridge...

Pretty sure it was a bit thicker, and IIRC, it had the glued on back...

Back