The White Westie. How would you finish it? (AKA Sergio's Cloudzilla)

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
The White Westie.

View attachment 4575

Would you change the color, or spray a clear or matte finish on it as it is?
What tuners?
What pups?
Trem, obviously, but what finish?
What knobs?

This is Sergio's dream guitar, maybe he should weigh in first.

It's fun to dream...

Last edited:
The safest thing to do with this guitar is to send it to me just the way it is. That way nobody gets hurt, there's no pox on anybody's house, no reason for Paul to have to lock his car anymore...

Just leave it in a clearing in the parking lot at the next Experience and let nature run its course.

Reverse video of my black one...so keep it white.
Don't care what knobs or tuners, but wings would be cool.
85/15 pickups.
If the dragon has to be covered for it to leave the factory, I'll uncover it when I get the guitar.

Its story as far as has been revealed here so far is that it sat on the floor for a long time. No idea if it was a cancelled order, or a spare body from the run or what. I guess it's time to have a dealer look into getting it finished, though the tape suggests that might have been done by someone already.

Edit: adding mine for reference on the reverse video comment.
CK_151BabyDragonDetail.JPG

A really mild opalescent sheen? That way it stays white...-ish, but still gets some pink added to it.

Or how about a pink binding? Or is it too late for a binding?

58/15 pups, black lampshades, black PVD everything else that I can...

If it was for me -- magenta! (Purple-pink.)
purplish-red.jpg
C22CC9.png

The safest thing to do with this guitar is to send it to me just the way it is. That way nobody gets hurt, there's no pox on anybody's house, no reason for Paul to have to lock his car anymore...

Just leave it in a clearing in the parking lot at the next Experience and let nature run its course.

Not much chance PRS will let an unfinished guitar out of the shop...

And winged tuners are a must!

Last edited:
Personally, I think it has to be blue. Sort of a greenish, pinkish, yellowish, reddish blue. Actually, I`d spray it with prism, which is a multi-color mica flake topcoat. The hood of my hot rod is that color over silver. I`ll drive the car to Stevensville so that Paul can see it, and then I can take the guitar home when it`s done.

This is Sergio's guitar. I won't disclose my wishes on how it should be finished. However, it should be added to his Baby Gifts Register, or whatever you call it. We should all pitch in to make sure it ends up with him. Kickstarter anyone?

I would make it Translucent Pearl White if possible
Phase 3 tuners
85/15 LT neck ( Brushed Hybrid covers )
59/09 Bridge ( Brushed Hybrid covers )
Hybrid original Mann Made Trem or the new one from the Santana
and I have cash ready ;)

( I could get it to Sergio after I fondle it for awhile )

This is Sergio's guitar. I won't disclose my wishes on how it should be finished. However, it should be added to his Baby Gifts Register, or whatever you call it. We should all pitch in to make sure it ends up with him. Kickstarter anyone?

We did this on another forum for a guy to get a McRosie. I would be down for Sergio.

Reverse video of my black one...so keep it white.
Don't care what knobs or tuners, but wings would be cool.
85/15 pickups.
If the dragon has to be covered for it to leave the factory, I'll uncover it when I get the guitar.

Its story as far as has been revealed here so far is that it sat on the floor for a long time. No idea if it was a cancelled order, or a spare body from the run or what. I guess it's time to have a dealer look into getting it finished, though the tape suggests that might have been done by someone already.

Edit: adding mine for reference on the reverse video comment.

Thanks for the info, but there aren't more details? What's a Westie? Why is it painted white? Especially if it has a beautiful dragon inlay in the body???

Thanks for the info, but there aren't more details? What's a Westie? Why is it painted white? Especially if it has a beautiful dragon inlay in the body???
A Westie is a small run of Santana guitars that was done a few years ago, former called West Street. They commemorated the original location of PRS. Tops were sappelle and had a small dragon below the bridge.
I don't know why this one is white or if the white would be as opaque as it currently looks when finished.

Back