The we don’t need no stinkin’ budget rig

I more or less have my dream rig. Changes for me have become incremental. I more or less have all my sounds figured out, but I still experiment and periodically I’ll find something that I like better and will switch stuff out.

I think of my guitars in terms of decades; 50s, 60’s, 70’s, 90’s, and my amps are dialed in for roughly 70s Plexi and 90s crunch and high gain type sounds.

tFVaf3c.jpg

JMxKcxf.jpg

NICE! So, let me see if I can kind of guess at how this works....

(2) Triple Crowns = 6 channels, with what...two modes each? Then the Swiching Track lets you pick which head you are using, which is controlled by the Dedicated FS? The only thing I can't figure out is how the FS is routed to both heads...or did I get it all wrong?

Anyway, looks like a VERY flexible rig!!

NICE! So, let me see if I can kind of guess at how this works....

(2) Triple Crowns = 6 channels, with what...two modes each? Then the Swiching Track lets you pick which head you are using, which is controlled by the Dedicated FS? The only thing I can't figure out is how the FS is routed to both heads...or did I get it all wrong?

Anyway, looks like a VERY flexible rig!!

Both amps on all the time, more or less the same settings on each channel. A head has EL34s (50w) and B head has 6V6 (25w). It’s setup so I can take one or both amps without needing to reconfigure anything. The EL34 amp has delay in the loop while the 6V6 amp is dry. I plan on getting a second 2x12 to make it more compact (seriously considering two 1x12s), but I haven’t gotten around to it yet.

The Switch Track is a midi-A/B/Y box, although I’m not using midi with this setup. It’ll let me program the phase as well as the condition (A/B/Y/mute), which is useful when one of your channels is out of phase with the other two and you want to switch back and forth.

The way I’m using it is a fancy isolated Y box and mute. I had big dreams of using a midi controller and switcher, but once I started using it I realized it made using too many effects too easy and I stripped right back as penance. I had just delay for awhile but I found I needed something swirly for a couple songs and put the Phase 90 back on.

The footswitch is midi. I run it into the first head and a midi thru to the second head. It works so long as you want both amps to do the same thing.

That was me being facetious
No, no, don’t get me wrong. You were doing good right up til the end, but at least you abbreviated this time. :p
However, I told you man, Courtney Cox is the way to go. Or was. I’m pretty sure that I myself have sang the

Courtney Cox
Shook me
All night long

Version more than once over the last 40 years. I mean, who hasn’t.

Back