The we don’t need no stinkin’ budget rig

Hmmm, let's see.

2019 Paul's Guitar in Fire Red
McCarty Standard in Trampas Green (No neck binding. Yuck)
DGT Goldtop (Again, no neck binding. Seriously)
SE One in any finish (Would strip it and hodrod it for fun. Metal flake finish? Yes!)
Some sort of T-style guitar (maybe a relic since I've never owned a relic'd guitar)
Friedman Smallbox head
Mojotone 2x12 loaded with 75W Creambacks (I love Mojotone cabs)
Boss Tube Amp Expander
Line 6 HX Effects (just for chorus, tremolo & modulated delay. No reverb)

Yep, that about does it. Funny thing is that this isn't actually all that crazy when you think of it.

Yeah, and it still won't include a Santana! :p
Bro, that’s cold. :(

Sorry...had a busy week...

Here’s a big reveal...I really don’t like the Santana headstock. At all. Seriously. A Tele headstock may look like a poo, but the top of a Santana headstock looks like a butt. :eek: That’s why I think the SE Santana’s got it goin’ on. (BTW, I really did own an SE Santana for about 6 hours several years ago. Told 11Top the story. Ask him.)

• DGT quilted maple top in trans black, dog hair back and neck, w/ gold birds and gold hardware and pup covers.
  • Vela semi-hollow equipped as above except in brushed nickel, with 58/15 LT bridge and TCI neck.
  • Two (2) HXDA in stereo with switchable tone stack (plexi + blackface Super Reverb), harmonic trem, and switchable Klon boost. In black paisley.
  • Two (2) PRS 4x12s loaded with Green back/Cream back combo. In black paisley.
  • Pedalboard with newly released PRS compressor, overdrive, and fuzz pedals, plus El Capistan.
  • Fuman power protection.
  • My spec cables.

For the most part, what I already have...
H0UMf5y.jpg

r6ex034.jpg

22OhsyD.jpg

j8qISHr.jpg

Don’t have a pic of my gigging pedalboard, but this is close enough...
xujf1sp.jpg

Since there’s no budget involved...I’d add...
-PS 594 SC
-Soldano SLO 100
- I’d like to have my Bad Cat hot cat 50 back
-PS Tonare Grand, probably an Angelus too for when I need to do some stuff higher on the neck
-something hollow, I’d need some research time

Here’s a big reveal...I really don’t like the Santana headstock. At all. Seriously. A Tele headstock may look like a poo, but the top of a Santana headstock looks like a butt. :eek: That’s why I think the SE Santana’s got it goin’ on. (BTW, I really did own an SE Santana for about 6 hours several years ago. Told 11Top the story. Ask him.)

• DGT quilted maple top in trans black, dog hair back and neck, w/ gold birds and gold hardware and pup covers.
  • Vela semi-hollow equipped as above except in brushed nickel, with 58/15 LT bridge and TCI neck.
  • Two (2) HXDA in stereo with switchable tone stack (plexi + blackface Super Reverb), harmonic trem, and switchable Klon boost. In black paisley.
  • Pedalboard with newly released PRS compressor, overdrive, and fuzz pedals, plus El Capistan.
  • My spec cables.
I’m liking the HXDA mods! :)

• My spec cables.

Aw man, I still love ya!

• My spec cables.

Wait a minute
Back the truck up

PRS released pedals?! Bout damn time!

I more or less have my dream rig. Changes for me have become incremental. I more or less have all my sounds figured out, but I still experiment and periodically I’ll find something that I like better and will switch stuff out.

I think of my guitars in terms of decades; 50s, 60’s, 70’s, 90’s, and my amps are dialed in for roughly 70s Plexi and 90s crunch and high gain type sounds.

tFVaf3c.jpg

JMxKcxf.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure how much better I could get at the moment, I do want a nice 4x12 Boogie Cab to go with the MKV

So

AMP

Mesa MK V

Pedals

TC Electronics Nova System
Couple of random Tonal Insanity OD pedals
Morley Bad Horsie Wha

Guitars

Special Semi Hollow
Silver Sky
Brushstroke 24
HBII

( could easily add my SCT or CU22 and the Vela etc )

DSC_0202 by

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2g4kbu9]IMG_4423
by

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RuDpwc]IMG_1575
by

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2cmM3tN]IMG_2700
by

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ZRvzcZ]IMG_3157
by

OPPS this one snuck in to :)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RjwzLe]IMG_4324
by https://www.flickr.com/photos/152274366@N08/[/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]

That's easy bro. Anybody can do that.

I mean, I gotta give him credit for a good line but, it's easy to do that stuff with lyrics
There has been at least 1 or 14 times that I commented to myself how “That Tremontinator guy sure has a way with words.” Or something to that effect. :p

Back