The we don’t need no stinkin’ budget rig

He’s more the Henny Youngman of the forum, you’re more the Steve Martin.

Both funny, just different styles.

That’s kind of you to say, thank you.

Steve is probably my earliest comedian influence, growing up in a house filled with mostly opera and Johnny Mathis LP’s, Steve’s Wild and Crazy Guy was an oasis of fun.

@dmatthews IS a cool guy, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying tons of people are good with changing lyrics.

I'm usually good at putting a girl's name into a song

Jennifer Aniston
Shook me
All
Night
Long

I fkn wish...

Oh, and if talent was for sale, I would sell my soul to Lord Beelzebub himself.

But, I better be the greatest guitarist who ever lived for that price. And I want to form the greatest Rock N Rill band the world has ever known with the greatest vocalist, the best drummer, the most insane second and third guitarists, and the most wicked bassist in history.

That's actually my office rig. Works great for generating riffs and such. Don't need/want anything else, so wouldn't that count as a dream rig?

I've been playing the same amp (and Egnater TOL50) for 20 years this year. Looking to replace with with the Bruce Egnater designed Synergy modular preamp. I already am running stereo through a Boogie 20/20 power amp as of a year or two ago.

I've been playing the same amp (and Egnater TOL50) for 20 years this year.

I had one of those, and it’s a great amp. Bruce Egnater is a good designer and a good guy I’ve met a few times (from my area, actually).

I had one of those, and it’s a great amp. Bruce Egnater is a good designer and a good guy I’ve met a few times (from my area, actually).
Yeah, he's great. I've spoken on the phone with him and he's answered every email I've ever sent. He told me he sold the patent on the modular preamp design to Synergy. I asked him about which preamp might sound like the TOL50's and he said there isn't one but suggested a couple that were close.

If I had no stinkin budget I'd go take his amp building class.

I’d still have to be an assistant to @alantig, that dude has the real skills.

That’s kind of you to say, thank you.

Steve is probably my earliest comedian influence, growing up in a house filled with mostly opera and Johnny Mathis LP’s, Steve’s Wild and Crazy Guy was an oasis of fun.

Just delurking long enough to say thanks! And Steve Martin is a huge influence on me as well. The stand-up, "The Jerk", "Man With Two Brains", "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" - genius.

But there are so many more...too many to name w/o a dedicated thread and a lot of time.

Back to the abyss...

Santana’s and Westies are Super LP’s!

rmTsgRY.jpg

Truth!

PRS doubleneck
DG30 w/matching cab (twice, cause I want to run wet/dry)
Doyle Bramhall II's pedalboard (because he has some fuzz pedals I want)
I am also partial to Xotic pedals so I'll add all of those and some additional analog delays.
Add a reverb pedal for some ambient fun and I think I'm covered.

PRS doubleneck
DG30 w/matching cab (twice, cause I want to run wet/dry)
Doyle Bramhall II's pedalboard (because he has some fuzz pedals I want)
I am also partial to Xotic pedals so I'll add all of those and some additional analog delays.
Add a reverb pedal for some ambient fun and I think I'm covered.

We’ll shop for all that stuff together for you in Ft. Wayne in a couple weeks.

Back