The we don’t need no stinkin’ budget rig

veinbuster

Zombie Three, DFZ
The 3,000 rig thread was fun while we were taking gear. Here I don’t care what the currency is, or what is reasonable. Fantasy is fine, and fun. What is in your ideal setup? Try for something you think you could live with for a while. Don’t constrain to keeping it forever, cause new things come out, we get bored, we stumble on a duffle bag of Benjamins....

I’d be happy with my Boogie Mark III. Adding an HX/DA would make me happy.
Dirty 100 and an HB piezo (in my fantasy world this is a Santana). One guitar just isn’t enough, or right even. I’m also keeping a classical and a high end acoustic, because I’m greedy and I consider them completely different instruments.
I’m not really a pedal guy, but feel I should have a chorus and a good delay.

Pretty simple really and it all fits into my car with room for a guest and their favourite guitar.

I stopped counting when I past the $11000.00 mark on my current collection of amps. I've also gotten rid of as many amps as I can bear to part with. What I'm left with essentially my dream rig. Any amp I could ever want, I've already got. Any amp that I don't own, I don't want.

Well hmmm...
I'm extremely happy with my Kemper for practice, recording, or gigs. That being said, I'd REALLY like to try the Kemper Kone speaker that's coming out this summer.
So... a stereo pair of those maybe?
Then... I'm a pretty happy guy single coil wise with the Silver Sky and 594 soapy. And I really love the McRosie and P22 sonically.
But... I would LOVE to try a humbucker 594, and while I'm at it make it a PS with quilt top, ebony board, and Braz neck.
Also a Hollowbody. Perhaps a PS singlecut with a super tight flame, flamed maple neck and board.
Oh yeah... HXDA and DG amps too. Both paisley, with paisley 2x12.

The 3,000 rig thread was fun while we were taking gear. Here I don’t care what the currency is, or what is reasonable. Fantasy is fine, and fun. What is in your ideal setup? Try for something you think you could live with for a while. Don’t constrain to keeping it forever, cause new things come out, we get bored, we stumble on a duffle bag of Benjamins....

I’d be happy with my Boogie Mark III. Adding an HX/DA would make me happy.
Dirty 100 and an HB piezo (in my fantasy world this is a Santana). One guitar just isn’t enough, or right even. I’m also keeping a classical and a high end acoustic, because I’m greedy and I consider them completely different instruments.
I’m not really a pedal guy, but feel I should have a chorus and a good delay.

Pretty simple really and it all fits into my car with room for a guest and their favourite guitar.
I’d keep it simple and utilitarian.

I’d start with your entire collection

Then I’d add Steve’s (11 Top) entire collection
Then I’d add Markie’s entire collection (well at least what didn’t go into Steve’s Collection ;))
Then I’d add Tonart’s entire Collection

Then I’d add the entire PRS Archives

Figure that would keep me for a bit :D

I’d keep it simple and utilitarian.

I’d start with your entire collection

Then I’d add Steve’s (11 Top) entire collection
Then I’d add Markie’s entire collection (well at least what didn’t go into Steve’s Collection ;))
Then I’d add Tonart’s entire Collection

Then I’d add the entire PRS Archives

Figure that would keep me for a bit :D
I like the minimalist way you think!

A more ‘serious’ dream rig...

HXDA amp, MDT amp, H&K Alex Lifeson TriAmp
H9 Max for effects

All my current fiddles
Plus some Collection series fiddles I missed out on the first time, particular Pernie necks with Pattern neck carves with trems.

Love to try a Collection Maple body acoustic

This is imaginary right? I don't have to worry about offending anyone with my dream rig?

I'd go with a lot of what I already have...

Splitter into the HXDA and Archon. One, the other, or BOTH(Glooooooorious!!)( Maybe for the dream rig, I'd go heads and 2 x 12 cabs)
A Private Stock McCarty 594 Singlecut
I'm pretty happy with my pedal board(once I get the power issues squared away)
I'm gonna include the SE One, CE 24(winged tuners FTW) , McCarty, and 408
I'm still Jonesin' for a JHS Unicorn pedal

My 1998 McSoapy, my 2 channel "H" and a cable between the two.

Seriously, there may be more expensive, more blingy, more sexy, but it's hard to get more tone. I've got 3 artist packs and 2 one off's, among others, and I don't know which one would take this guitar's place if I had to get down to 1.

I guess I'm not the guy guilty of committing the "Thou shalt not covet" sin. I'm a simple kind of guy...

My 1998 McSoapy, my 2 channel "H" and a cable between the two.

Seriously, there may be more expensive, more blingy, more sexy, but it's hard to get more tone. I've got 3 artist packs and 2 one off's, among others, and I don't know which one would take this guitar's place if I had to get down to 1.

I guess I'm not the guy guilty of committing the "Thou shalt not covet" sin. I'm a simple kind of guy...
I love this!
Although I was ignorant of McSoapies (thank you Joseph), I played and gigged with the H combo with no other pedals, and various humbucker guitars. I am a rhythm player by trade, and I think that the H is insanely underrated.
That's it... I'm gonna plug the 594 soapy into it.
Dayum...:cool:

No budget, eh? Hmmmm....here's what I'd put together if I was going back on the road with a tech.

Clean Amp:

Bad Cat Classic Deluxe head, (2) 6L6 power tubes @ 25watts, modded with a loop
Bad Cat 1x12 cabinet

Dirty Amp:

Bad Cat Luca 40 head, EL34 power tubes @ 40 watts
Bad Cat 1x12 cabinet

Both amps come out of the Bad Cat Custom Shop. I would have the Classic Deluxe covered in Teal & White smooth tolex. The cab would have matching tolex with black grille cloth and white piping. The Luca would be covered in Red & White smooth tolex. The cab would have matching tolex with black grille cloth and black piping.

To switch between amps, I would have (1) Switchblade GL MIDI rack switchers. That would be controlled with a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro. I would have a 12 space shock-mounted rack that holds (1) Peterson VS-R tuner (2) Furman M8DX power conditioner and (2) SKB VS-1 Sliding Rack Shelf. The shelf would be for my stomp boxes and Pedal Power supplies. One shelf would hold pedals for the Classic Deluxe, the other for the Luca.

Pedals for Classic Deluxe

JHS Muffuletta (routed to front)
Strymon El Capistan (routed to front)
Strymon Lex (routed to front)
Strymon Flint (routed to loop)

Pedals for Luca
EHX Screaming Bird (routed to front)
Xotic EP Booster (routed to front)
MXR Phase 90 (routed to front)
Strymon El Capistan (routed to loop)

Each amp rig would have its own ATA flight case. So would the Ground Control Pro.

This would be a rig that would cover a wide range of tones. As far as guitars, I have PLENTY already, so I'll leave that out of the mix.....​

No budget, eh? Hmmmm....here's what I'd put together if I was going back on the road with a tech.

Clean Amp:

Bad Cat Classic Deluxe head, (2) 6L6 power tubes @ 25watts, modded with a loop
Bad Cat 1x12 cabinet

Dirty Amp:

Bad Cat Luca 40 head, EL34 power tubes @ 40 watts
Bad Cat 1x12 cabinet

Both amps come out of the Bad Cat Custom Shop. I would have the Classic Deluxe covered in Teal & White smooth tolex. The cab would have matching tolex with black grille cloth and white piping. The Luca would be covered in Red & White smooth tolex. The cab would have matching tolex with black grille cloth and black piping.

To switch between amps, I would have (1) Switchblade GL MIDI rack switchers. That would be controlled with a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro. I would have a 12 space shock-mounted rack that holds (1) Peterson VS-R tuner (2) Furman M8DX power conditioner and (2) SKB VS-1 Sliding Rack Shelf. The shelf would be for my stomp boxes and Pedal Power supplies. One shelf would hold pedals for the Classic Deluxe, the other for the Luca.

Pedals for Classic Deluxe

JHS Muffuletta (routed to front)
Strymon El Capistan (routed to front)
Strymon Lex (routed to front)
Strymon Flint (routed to loop)

Pedals for Luca
EHX Screaming Bird (routed to front)
Xotic EP Booster (routed to front)
MXR Phase 90 (routed to front)
Strymon El Capistan (routed to loop)

Each amp rig would have its own ATA flight case. So would the Ground Control Pro.

This would be a rig that would cover a wide range of tones. As far as guitars, I have PLENTY already, so I'll leave that out of the mix.....​
Very nicely thought out!

No budget? I like this game.

J-Mod for cleans.

Mesa Royal Atlantic 100 watt head for my dirt amp; I still think the red channel at 3/4 gain is the best dirty tone I ever had. Even on my Kemper it’s my go to. Also to be fair, I loved the clean channel as well and could live with it easily. Why does it have to weigh literally 95 pounds !?!

Both amps through their matching 2x12 cabs.

Only pedal I lust after is the Ibanez Tube Screamer they released in collaboration with Vemuram, the videos make it sound god like, as it should for like 450 bucks.

For guitars let’s go with an ME with 59/09’s, Singlecut 594 with a 59/09 bridge pup and a flamed maple neck and board, PS fatback Custom 24 hardtail with only a single 59/09 and volume knob and a pattern carved gonzo flamed maple neck and a body of full thickness flamed maple so the top, back, and sides are all exposed curliness; weight be damned! Extra bonus points if guitars are Bonni Pink. For a single coil guitar I elect to go with a Fender Custom Shop late 60’s big head heavy relic in Olympic white and a maple on maple flamed neck and jumbo frets.

That’ll do.

No budget? I like this game.

J-Mod for cleans.

Mesa Royal Atlantic 100 watt head for my dirt amp; I still think the red channel at 3/4 gain is the best dirty tone I ever had. Even on my Kemper it’s my go to. Also to be fair, I loved the clean channel as well and could live with it easily. Why does it have to weigh literally 95 pounds !?!

Both amps through their matching 2x12 cabs.

Only pedal I lust after is the Ibanez Tube Screamer they released in collaboration with Vemuram, the videos make it sound god like, as it should for like 450 bucks.

For guitars let’s go with an ME with 59/09’s, Singlecut 594 with a 59/09 bridge pup and a flamed maple neck and board, PS fatback Custom 24 hardtail with only a single 59/09 and volume knob and a pattern carved gonzo flamed maple neck and a body of full thickness flamed maple so the top, back, and sides are all exposed curliness; weight be damned! Extra bonus points if guitars are Bonni Pink. For a single coil guitar I elect to go with a Fender Custom Shop late 60’s big head heavy relic in Olympic white and a maple on maple flamed neck and jumbo frets.

That’ll do.
That ME with 59/09s sounds very familiar to me....
38_C3_A97_D-8_F60-4_CE4-83_DD-6_CD00665743_B.jpg

Back