The Way Things Work

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
Every now and then, I run into a concise explanation about the way things work. Good examples can be found in many threads here, and for that we are all enriched.

Here's a video on an important aspect of modern automation possibly employed currently in the Fender and Gibson factories. Shouldn't PRS embrace this technology?

dude-wait-what-quote-1.jpg

Yikes...the thingy into the spluron wave capture module with resulting output in the whatsit distribution collector.....

He forgot to mention tachion particles and theron radiation.
I did see him mention Bradly equipment, we use their electronics tied into our chillers at work for the HVC systems.

That's awesome! My Retroencabulator is so outdated now. I wonder if I'm going to have to upgrade or if I'll be able to retrofit?

I'm going to have to get started on the paperwork. OOOoooohhhh the paperwork!

If you laughed at this you are seriously a nerd... For the record, I am probably the leader of the nerd army...

Best thing I've seen all day.

Sent it to the non-tech folks I work with asking them if this is how I sound to them.

So I worked for Rockwell Automation for 20+ years. I remember when that video was sprung on us during a sales meeting, mid 90's. there were other versions that pre date this one.

Since the OP mentioned automation in Fender and Gibson factories:
In 2004, I had a breakfast meeting planned with one of my sales guys at a hotel in Valencia, CA. I got there a little bit early and long story short, I ended up having coffee and huevos rancheros with one of my guitar heroes, Billy Gibbons. I was in awe, and had lots of questions about his rig, guitars, etc. My guy shows up, Billy asks him to sit and join us. Like a good CEO, he turned the tables on us, and wanted to know what OUR business was. I gave him the elevator pitch- We are into Industrial Automation, we help manufacturing companies like Fender and Gibson improve their businesses by making things, faster, cheaper, improving quality, etc...
He said, in a deep voice, and pretty excited "Right, On! Let's talk manufacturing." (how, how how) He proceeded to get out a fountain pen and a pad of paper and started sketching a guitar knob design that he had in mind, thinking we could help him, lol.
The proof:
64F68E0C-D8C7-49A9-A4F7-E93918052826_zpswckk8mer.jpg

This reminds me...

I have a good friend I've been close with since childhood, brilliant, funny dude, today not only an oncologist, but also his clever pun poetry has been published in New Yorker. Anyway...

In 1964, at the height of Surf Music/Drag Race Music, he wrote this tune, and I laugh whenever I think of it:

Pop the clutch
Stick the shift
My cool-power drive has developed a hitch
My dual quadulators are ready to go,
Still couldn't catch that little GTO...

(simulating guitar breakdown)
Doot-doot; doot-doot; doot-doot, doodly doot...

Big Kahuna
Deader'n a nail
And all of us are goin' to jail
We'll be real good, 'til we're ready to go
Then go buy a new GTO!

(simulating guitar breakdown)
Doot-doot; doot-doot; doot-doot, doodly doot...

Back