The waiting game...who’s playing?

I'm now 15 months into waiting for my 24-08 with STILL NO ABILITY FOR PRS TO PROVIDE AN UPDATE.

If I didn't like my dealer I'd cancel the order. This is absurd and a pretty shitty way to treat a customer.

I'm now 15 months into waiting for my 24-08 with STILL NO ABILITY FOR PRS TO PROVIDE AN UPDATE.

If I didn't like my dealer I'd cancel the order. This is absurd and a pretty shitty way to treat a customer.
Your dealer should be able to get an update from their PRS rep.

I was in the same boat last year. Got the guitar after 18 months. Got the only reliable update at 17 months.

I'm playing the waiting game alright! Back in May I made a promise to my wife that I wouldn't buy another guitar in the next year if I bought the WL DGT. I agreed to that and promised to sell one as well. 4 more months to go!!!!!

And still haven't sold the guitar despite trying. She told me the other day to take it off of the market for a bit :)

That's insane. Is that a PS build or core?

Your dealer should be able to get an update from their PRS rep.

PRS is unable to provide an update. My dealer is in the dark because PRS doesn't know and can't figure it out. My dealer met with PRS at NAMM. The response is that there is a new computer system being installed in the factory. My order (from November of 2017) is an AP and according to the information my dealer got during NAMM not all of the AP orders have been processed in the new system. Additionally, I ordered a rosewood neck and evidently there is only 1 AP neck mill machine that needs to be re-calibrated when it is switched to rosewood or maple versus mahogany. Due to this, PRS is unable to update my order. After 15 months of waiting I still have absolutely no idea when (or even if) I can expect the guitar.

That's insane. Is that a PS build or core?

It's an Artist Package 24-08 with rosewood neck and copperhead burst finish. It's not a common build spec, but everything I chose was right off the AP availability list.

The ONLY reason I haven't cancelled the order is because I don't want my dealer to have to be stuck with the guitar. Otherwise I'd just cancel the order and get something that's actually available. I have to say from a customer experience standpoint this is one of the absolute worst experiences I've ever had. PRS' inability to provide a simple update is inexcusable.

If you find a PRS you like hanging on the wall somewhere, buy it. The ordering process is so ridiculously bad I will never ever again consider ordering a PRS guitar. Ever.

Last edited:
Like that wasn't your plan when you listed it for $25,000,000.

I do not share my pricing strategy....hahaha. I mean, it's in a relatively rare color, all original, played by me, and comes with both black AND cream plastic! My value of it is pretty high!

I was told 9-11 months back in November 2018. Hopefully they are true to their estimates. Hopefully...

I was told 9-11 months back in November 2018. Hopefully they are true to their estimates. Hopefully...

I was told 6 - 8 months in November of 2017. 16+ months later and no update.

Today my dealer told PRS that if they can not even give an update on my order by the end of today to cancel the order. PRS actually answered and said they could not provide an update today, but should be able to provide an update by Tuesday. Since I've already waited 16 months with no information, I agreed to wait until Tuesday.

Last edited:
I understand that there's a PRS backlog, which is a good thing of course as orders keeps coming in. Even from looking at NAMM recap videos it seems PRS is the most sought after booth with all the media frenzy. I hope PRS reputation for prestige quality continues to remain unchanged despite the increasing popularity and to try to fulfill orders within the estimated time frame rather than give priority to SS (not a knock).

Disclaimer, the Dodgem Blue and Orion Green is oh so tempting.

Unfortunately with such a huge number of orders, something is bound to skip through the cracks. The volume that this company is putting out makes that a reasonable possibility.

However... 16 months and no word? I'd be emailing everyone at the factory until I got an answer. I'm 2.5 months into my 9-11, and I'm already fidgeting...

Unfortunately with such a huge number of orders, something is bound to skip through the cracks. The volume that this company is putting out makes that a reasonable possibility.

However... 16 months and no word? I'd be emailing everyone at the factory until I got an answer. I'm 2.5 months into my 9-11, and I'm already fidgeting...

My dealer has asked for an update weekly since November (the one year anniversary since the original order). The answer has always been, “soon”. Not that the guitar will be there soon. Just that they will be able to estimate when the guitar might actually begin the build process. They can’t even tell me after 16 months when they might possibly start work on it. I’m fed up with the complete lack of information and their inability to answer a simple question.

I really want to give my dealer business because they’ve been great, but PRS has been so thoroughly incompetent I don’t want to support their insanely awful customer treatment.

My dealer has asked for an update weekly since November (the one year anniversary since the original order). The answer has always been, “soon”. Not that the guitar will be there soon. Just that they will be able to estimate when the guitar might actually begin the build process. They can’t even tell me after 16 months when they might possibly start work on it. I’m fed up with the complete lack of information and their inability to answer a simple question.

I really want to give my dealer business because they’ve been great, but PRS has been so thoroughly incompetent I don’t want to support their insanely awful customer treatment.

I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles. Lucky for your dealer that you are loyal. This feels beyond ridiculous.

Ya know, I feel bad for you, and I would be upset, too. But your last sentence is going just a little far. You make it sound like PRS treats everyone in a awful manner, and that's not the case. Which I am sure you know.

Ya know, I feel bad for you, and I would be upset, too. But your last sentence is going just a little far. You make it sound like PRS treats everyone in a awful manner, and that's not the case. Which I am sure you know.

Fair enough. My experience dealing with PRS on this order has been nothing short of awful; to the point of never wanting to order anything from PRS again. I will buy “off the rack” but no more orders ever. Your experience may vary.

Back