The waiting game...who’s playing?

Waiting game update....

Arrival #1: Holcomb SE Ebony Satin
5aGwAE0.jpg

Arrival #2: Paul’s Experience 2018 Ltd
0fS4lOb.jpg

And the latest...arriving just today #3:
DGT Brian’s WL run of quilty awesomeness!
3GySKvv.jpg

Down to 3 remaining...for now...

Wow! Be sure to share about the tone on the EXP Paul’s guitar. The demo video sounded really impressive!

Wow! Be sure to share about the tone on the EXP Paul’s guitar. The demo video sounded really impressive!

It sounds just like the video demo to me (albeit much less skillfully played). As with the regular Paul’s and 408’s, if you’re at 8-10 on the volume knob (or using much gain) the difference between SC/HB is subtle. Below 8 the distinction between the SC/HB modes is more pronounced than the originals. The SC sounds are delicious! I was playing it back to back w my Silver Sky last weekend...the SC sounds are VERY similar, especially in the neck position.

Last edited:
It sounds just like the video demo to me (albeit much less skillfully played). As with the regular Paul’s and 408’s, if you’re at 8-10 on the volume knob (or using much gain) the difference between SC/HB is subtle. Below 8 the distinction between the SC/HB modes is more pronounced than the originals. The SC sounds are delicious! I was playing it back to back w my Silver Sky last weekend...the SC sounds are VERY similar, especially in the neck position.
Excellent! Congrats!

Waiting game almost over...but a tortuous wait until Monday rolls around when I receive delivery of my first Private Stock!

Just arrived today - 2018 PRS SE 277 in fire red burst!

I guess I’ve been going about this PRS thing backwards:

First buy: PRS Custom 24 (USA core)

Second buy: PRS S2 Singlecut semi-hollow

Third buy: PRS SE 277.

Great thing is the S2 and SE didn’t disappoint at all. But neither made me think less of my core Custom 24 either.

Last edited:
I've been waiting on two before, but three is a whole new level. Tosca rules!!!

Back