The waiting game...who’s playing?

Tosca

Zombie 10, DFZ
Over the last year or two...the production time for my favorite guitars has significantly increased. I have done my best, as an unrepentant addict, to compensate by making sure I always have a few ordered well in advance. Unfortunately, this doesn’t dampen my enthusiasm for newly introduced “shiny objects”, so I still get those too (see Silver Sky). I realized today that I have 6 PRSi on order, at various points in “the pipeline”. I may have a problem. I offer this information in the spirit of recent confessions made in this forum about guitar buying habits. Anybody else wanna talk about what they are waiting for?

I feel better already....

I was waiting on my Verbos Electronics "I'll take one of everything they make" order to arrive for a few months. Currently, I'm only waiting on myself to decide whether or not I want to spend the dough to buy some stuff that has my attention recently.

Over the last year or two...the production time for my favorite guitars has significantly increased. I have done my best, as an unrepentant addict, to compensate by making sure I always have a few ordered well in advance. Unfortunately, this doesn’t dampen my enthusiasm for newly introduced “shiny objects”, so I still get those too (see Silver Sky). I realized today that I have 6 PRSi on order, at various points in “the pipeline”. I may have a problem. I offer this information in the spirit of recent confessions made in this forum about guitar buying habits. Anybody else wanna talk about what they are waiting for?

I feel better already....

Ya think? :p

But I’m only 1 behind you. :oops:

Last edited:
You say that like it’s a bad thing.
This is not helping...you are supposed to tell me I’m OK, and you have 8 or more builds in progress...then I add to your recent streak of “likes”.

A bad thing? Oh HECK NO! This is like being told that Julie Bowen and Sofia Vergara are both getting divorced. And once they are divorced, they are both going to marry you. Now their divorces may take 6 months, 8 months, 10 months... maybe even a year, but you just wait and they're all yours!

So, waiting, while excruciating, is offset with the dreams of heaven that await. And you try not to think about all the guys who are holding you up with their Silver Sky orders because that would simply make it worse.

Please click "like" and then forward this to 7 of your friends and request their "likes" as well, or you will experience delays in production caused by attorneys fighting over custody of hard shell cases, winged tuners and the autographed commemorative pair of forum Speedos. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...

I’ve got three builds in progress. My PS Build looks done from over a week ago, but hasn’t shipped yet...it’s supposed to be Christmas in July, right? :)
One acoustic that is nearly done
Another electric build that is still a few months away

And...

This @#$&%*@! Roof repair and replacement! During demo phase, got more leaks last week from them not covering it correctly. They’re taking care of it on their dime but house is nearly a complete construction zone right now. Rest of family is staying with relatives while I’m here (on medical leave to boot) dealing with all this crap. Another ~4 weeks to go. Grr.....:mad:

On the bright side, once I get to the other side of this mess there will be a terrific run of NGDs! :)

6?
I couldn't possibly wait for that many things. I'd have to rush out for some immediate gratification.
I can think of 7 things I'd be happy to immediately gratify myself with though.

This is exactly the point of doing this. If you spread out the orders enough...there’s always a happy NGD right around the corner. Update...one shipped today...another due by end of July or first week of August. This makes the wait for the PS due next spring more bearable. It’s a form of GAS containment.

This @#$&%*@! Roof repair and replacement! During demo phase, got more leaks last week from them not covering it correctly. They’re taking care of it on their dime but house is nearly a complete construction zone right now. Rest of family is staying with relatives while I’m here (on medical leave to boot) dealing with all this crap. Another ~4 weeks to go. Grr.....:mad:

You’re inspiring me to bite the bullet and have that new flooring installed in my studio. I know, PITA, but when it’s done you’ll be happy.

Well, only one in the pipe....that 509 thingy! However, I did add 4 over the last 2 months, and change. Oh yeah, and the MT-15. Feel better now?

You say that like it’s a bad thing.
This is not helping...you are supposed to tell me I’m OK, and you have 8 or more builds in progress...then I add to your recent streak of “likes”.

I'm waiting until I'm not such a mediocre guitar player. Doesn't stop me from visiting the PRS or Sweetwater sites and daydreaming, though. LOL

Doesn't matter how good (or bad) you are. There's always room for you to get better. No matter how much you improve there's always somebody else who is better (and always somebody else who is worse).

The whole "Once I can play _______ I'll be good enough to deserve <insert dream guitar here>" is a fallacy. Life's too short. If you can get the guitar without undue hardship on the rest of your family, then buy it. Having a great guitar feels GREAT, it makes you want to play more, it makes you want to practice more.

Back