The 'vintage value' factor

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Hotblack Desiato, Nov 7, 2019.

1. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Solid advice. You caught on quick! :p

Jazzedout, strat63 and Alnus Rubra like this.
  2. Tosca

Tosca Death by a million mini-toggles...

This is pretty much the same graph as the thickness of my wallet going to PRS experience (in red) and returning home (in black).

3. Hotblack Desiato

Hotblack Desiato New Member

Well I speak from experience. I bought one of those Classic Vibe Squire Telecasters which was terrific value for money but decided to return it and ordered a 35th Anniversary SE Custom instead. Whenever that arrives, if I feel it's lacking in any way I'll just go ahead and pull the trigger on its bigger brother and get a 35th Anniversary Core. This hobby gets expensive real quick.

4. Trombex

Trombex New Member

another guitar that seems to be valued well is the 87-89 PRS standard multi-foil. The guitar had a limited production apparently because it wasn't selling well back then, but since one of those became Gustavo Cerati's main guitar in the 90s there's a whole crowd of South Americans willing to pay irrational amounts to get their hands on one (not to be confused with the Korean-made multi-foil released a few years ago, which is nothing like the original multifoil from the 80s).

Black Plaid likes this.