The 'vintage value' factor

Napoleon was a loser! Here is one of the most famous graphics in history, by Charles Minard in 1869. It is a cartographic depiction of numerical data on a map of Napoleon's disastrous losses suffered during the Russian campaign of 1812. The red line is Napoleon marching to Russia (the width of the line is number of men), and the black line is Napoleon marching back (the width is still the number of men!).

VDhdRPCl.png

This is pretty much the same graph as the thickness of my wallet going to PRS experience (in red) and returning home (in black).

Solid advice. You caught on quick! :p

Well I speak from experience. I bought one of those Classic Vibe Squire Telecasters which was terrific value for money but decided to return it and ordered a 35th Anniversary SE Custom instead. Whenever that arrives, if I feel it's lacking in any way I'll just go ahead and pull the trigger on its bigger brother and get a 35th Anniversary Core. This hobby gets expensive real quick.

Search Reverb for 85', 86', 87' PRS. Yellow w/birds seems to be commanding some coin.
another guitar that seems to be valued well is the 87-89 PRS standard multi-foil. The guitar had a limited production apparently because it wasn't selling well back then, but since one of those became Gustavo Cerati's main guitar in the 90s there's a whole crowd of South Americans willing to pay irrational amounts to get their hands on one (not to be confused with the Korean-made multi-foil released a few years ago, which is nothing like the original multifoil from the 80s).

Back