The Vela...sweetness

RJK Tech

I picked up Vela semi-hollow roughly three weeks ago. This thing is a tone monster. It is unbelievable how good this guitar is. I don't normally like to go on about any particular guitar but this one deserves mention. Especially at the price point of the guitar.

Playing it through a Friedman Pink Taco and it sounds as good as any guitar i own. Good job on this one PRS.

I've been talking up the Vela for (what feels like) forever. It's a great guitar.

I have an American Deluxe Tele that I was never going to part with, but my Vela is so darn good I'm selling the Tele. Both guitars cover very similar sonic territory, and while the I LOVE the Fender neck (compound radius, compound profile), the overall feel, sound and package of the Vela just won me over.

Honestly, the Vela is the coolest guitar PRS makes, and they really should add a Vela trem to the lineup (although I DO think the current Vela bridge contributes a lot to its overall sound, and the trem might not sound as good).

New Semi Hollow or Reclaimed Semi Hollow? I borrowed a reclaimed one for a period of time and really loved it. I'm interested to see how the new SH ones compare.

I've been talking up the Vela for (what feels like) forever. It's a great guitar.

I have an American Deluxe Tele that I was never going to part with, but my Vela is so darn good I'm selling the Tele. Both guitars cover very similar sonic territory, and while the I LOVE the Fender neck (compound radius, compound profile), the overall feel, sound and package of the Vela just won me over.

Honestly, the Vela is the coolest guitar PRS makes, and they really should add a Vela trem to the lineup (although I DO think the current Vela bridge contributes a lot to its overall sound, and the trem might not sound as good).
The vela trem would essentially be the S2 Studio without the middle pickup. That's currently my #1.

I’ve been on the Vela bandwagon since they hit the stores. I have a solid, and a semi, and they are great. I also wish they had one with a tremolo, too. I think they’ll do it eventually. I don’t like Floyd roses, so that one doesn’t work for me. Let’s all email prs, and force (beg) them to make one for us!

Would any of you be willing to post some Jimi tunes on the Vela neck pickup?

Ok... I'm going to take that as a no.

Is this the only model guitar with that pickup?

Ok... I'm going to take that as a no.

Is this the only model guitar with that pickup?
The S2 studio has the same single coil (two of them actually) and the bridge pickup is from the Starla.

For me, the request to play Jimi tunes is why I didn’t offer anything up. Honestly, I don’t play covers and there’s no way in Hades I’m posting myself playing Hendrix. I do have some recordings of the Vela. Recording has SO many moving parts (amp, cabinet, mic, preamp, EQ, compression) that it’s almost impossible to listen to someone’s recorded tone and decide if that guitar is for you based on tone.

I will say I have a high-end Strat and a high-end Tele and I like the Vela the most. Everything my Tele does, my Vela does just a little bit better to my ear. It’s not that one is clear cut better than the other, but my ear likes my Vela more. If you’re looking for a two pickup with single coils guitar the Vela HAS to be on your list.

I don’t play covers and there’s no way in Hades I’m posting myself playing Hendrix

Haha, doesn't have to be Jimi... everything I've found on YouTube is overdrive & saturated. I'm wanting to here some cleanish slightly dirty tones.

Back