The utter futility of collection thining

Modding a 305 for P90 is a big mod!

Well let me clear that up. I bought this 305 already routed for HBs in neck and bridge positions. The Vol and Tone pots have been switched around which I hate.

What I intend to do is HB sized P90s which I have and put Vol tone back in the correct positions. Then I'll see if it's a keeper or not.

Tonart’s Dictionary

Collection thinning, thinning the herd
(Verb)

Compulsively and continually acquire guitars with thinner bodies such as the custom 22, custom 24 or silver sky, to the effect that the aggregate thickness of the collection becomes thinner.

Related: GAS

I am 100% with you on this every time I think I have it figured out on what to sell off I play it and say NO WAY is that one leaving, I have sold some and traded some but my count keeps going up ( and still no cash for a Motorcycle )

This is what my last motorcycle gave me as a parting gift...my advice...buy more PRSi! ;)

6RtuKsc.jpg
GjkPSj4.jpg

Very nice PRS’s !! At least they’re not all the same model.... I’m guilty of that!
I can (proudly?) say that I have no model duplicates in my collection. The closest pair is probably my P24 and CU24: the P24 can do most of what the CU24 does, except the CU24 has a 5-way rotary, whereas the P24 has the blade switch, so even then there are differences.

I was very, very tempted by a SAS a few weeks ago, available locally for a good price, which might have been my first duplicate (but again it had a three-way toggle switch, whereas mine has a 5-way blade).

just make sure of the one you want to be buried with

“This guitar has kind of a nasty smell.”

“Yeah, some guy was buried with it, and probably started decomposing. After a while I thought about what a waste of a good guitar that was, so I dug him up and took it.”

“What’d you do with the guy?”

“Remember me telling you I have skeletons in my closet?”

Back