The utter futility of collection thining

BWV548

Custom Title
I've two new guitars arriving over the next 6 months or so, a Silver Sky and a PS.
So, my rational brain thought it prudent that I sell one of my current guitars, over, mostly, the embarrassment of overkill
My approach was to sell the one Ive been playing the least over the last several months. That one, would have been my 408. Until today, I'd not touched it in about 3 months.
I took it out of the case to inspect, plugged it in, and began to play.
Now I can't sell it. It's just too bloody good! I suppose I'm destined to look like a crazy old guitar guy. Ah well, things could be far worse. First world problems and all :oops:

I don't believe you. You better show us some pics just to be sure ;)
Sure NP. Here ya go...
k6TQZiu.jpg

PM4zuXl.jpg

aLmNBwp.jpg

I've two new guitars arriving over the next 6 months or so, a Silver Sky and a PS.
So, my rational brain thought it prudent that I sell one of my current guitars, over, mostly, the embarrassment of overkill
My approach was to sell the one Ive been playing the least over the last several months. That one, would have been my 408. Until today, I'd not touched it in about 3 months.
Now I can't sell it. It's just too bloody good! I suppose I'm destined to look like a crazy old guitar guy. Ah well, things could be far worse. First world problems and all :oops:

The key operating term here is 'took it out of the case'. It's only too many, if it's visibly too many.The maximum aggregation in my house is four in the vicinity of the amps .I scatter the rest around the house and some walls and keep some in the case. This way my wife SUSPECTS, or at worst THINKS that I have too many, but she doesn't exactly KNOW how many and it doesn't FEEL like it's too many to her... :D
[heck, I even have 5 or 6 on another continent still; like a pirate you gotta hide your treasures]

Last edited:
What Sergio said.

What everyone else said.

There is no such thing as too many. Or overkill.

In fact, you are in violation of the guitar players ultimate philosophy... You are only one guitar short of the perfect collection.;)

Even with 2 incoming NGDs...you will always be one guitar short of perfect.

I am 100% with you on this every time I think I have it figured out on what to sell off I play it and say NO WAY is that one leaving, I have sold some and traded some but my count keeps going up ( and still no cash for a Motorcycle )

I've considered selling some and get one really nice one but I can't decide which ones to get rid of. What I have now I really like.

The Torero I bought and gutted doesn't trip my trigger so it's for sale and the modded 305 is getting some P90s so I don't want to let that go. All the rest are staying put.

Hell of a note.

I've considered selling some and get one really nice one but I can't decide which ones to get rid of. What I have now I really like.

The Torero I bought and gutted doesn't trip my trigger so it's for sale and the modded 305 is getting some P90s so I don't want to let that go. All the rest are staying put.

Hell of a note.
Modding a 305 for P90 is a big mod!

I understand the one in, one out concept. I’ve bought and sold many PRSes. Too many.

A few years ago I stopped the selling part. What happened was that I ordered a few PS models. And because they’re special in my mind, I’d never be able to sell one.

But then I added a couple of recent Core models, and felt they were keepers just as much as the PS models. I wish I had an explanation for this change in additude, but there you are. I have no explanation.

Anyway, I’ve officially given up on the one in, one out idea.

I don’t know if I was crazy before, or crazy now, or both. o_O

As much as I agree with all y'all, I have too many. For me, anyway. I actually get a sense of relief when I sell a guitar or amp that needs to go. The trick is figuring out WHICH needs to go. Usually it's not the one I expect.

As much as I agree with all y'all, I have too many. For me, anyway. I actually get a sense of relief when I sell a guitar or amp that needs to go. The trick is figuring out WHICH needs to go. Usually it's not the one I expect.
Lalalalalalala... fingers in ears... Lalalalalala!!!
Can't hear you!!!
Is he gone yet?

Back