The unofficial Silver Sky thread

PRS has made plenty of Strat style guitars with plastic pick-guards, starting with the EG 28 years ago, right up to the Brent Mason, all Core Maryland PRSes.

I don’t see what all the fuss is about. This is nothing new for PRS.

Every so often a thread pops up here with folks begging PRS to come out with another Strat style guitar. Then they finally do, and folks b!tch about it. I love to do a good rant, but I can’t think of a thing to rant about with this one.

Except that I’m not a Strat player. But WTF, it doesn’t have my name on the headstock anyway.

Also, for the record, I hate Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and the idiotic comments people make every time a company posts something. Wait - I’m ranting! Yay!! I have something to rant about! Social Media!

Well, not where I'm from that's not what it means. I would NEVER say that. Heck, I've said it here before. Seriously though, wimp is what it means to anyone I know.

You know, these made up terms can mean anything anybody want's to say they mean... :(

You know I love ya, man, but yeah, that’s pretty much what it means everywhere. Sea to shining sea.

Excalibur... based on pre-CBS corporate buyout....

Oh, and that's definitely a 7.something radius....

28157384_1885777678402117_6301451436869812224_n.jpg

Last edited:
Or better yet, it could be black, with a maple neck and board, with a black pickguard with single coils monted to it and have the other S type stuff, oh and call it a David Gilmour Signiture Series...oh and have an SE version that lands in the sub 700 price range...NOW that is what I call a better yet! That thing would just drip cool...not feeling it with this puppy however...but I'm sure JM has that sort of fan boy in his camp too...right? It's just not this guy...not even a little...

Again any info on the rumored se version? At se prices I would more than likely grab one. :)

I just don’t understand the group of folks that are calling this a blatant copy and saying PRS is making a horrible move when those same people are all clamoring for a 594 singlecut. I actually think the Silver Sky is more different to a strat than a 594 is to a Les Paul.

o_O

You know I love ya, man, but yeah, that’s pretty much what it means everywhere. Sea to shining sea.
Noted. Another person from Chicago area thinks so. Normally I'd be so embarrassed I'd just delete the reply and disappear for a while. But I've now asked 10 adults from 24-62 and every one said "wimp." But all of these are from my area, so earlier this evening I posed the same question to two friends of mine who live in Wisconsin and Texas. Both replied tonight that it meant "wimp." I replied back and asked both if they'd ever heard it used to mean "gay." Both said they had not.

I guess a problem with any slang term is that it has a "made up" meaning. I told Sergio that we called our friends that 40 years ago in school and in front of teachers. If it meant what you guys are saying and we said that in front of a teacher, we'd have been getting swats before we could try to explain. As I mentioned, I've said it here before. If anyone things it means that, I sure would have told me the first time.

Thank goodness this guitar already has a thread because this one is way off the tracks. :(

I just don’t understand the group of folks that are calling this a blatant copy and saying PRS is making a horrible move when those same people are all clamoring for a 594 singlecut. I actually think the Silver Sky is more different to a strat than a 594 is to a Les Paul.

o_O
Thoroughly agree. And same goes for the 57/08 pickups.

Noted. Another person from Chicago area thinks so. Normally I'd be so embarrassed I'd just delete the reply and disappear for a while. But I've now asked 10 adults from 24-62 and every one said "wimp." But all of these are from my area, so earlier this evening I posed the same question to two friends of mine who live in Wisconsin and Texas. Both replied tonight that it meant "wimp." I replied back and asked both if they'd ever heard it used to mean "gay." Both said they had not.

I guess a problem with any slang term is that it has a "made up" meaning. I told Sergio that we called our friends that 40 years ago in school and in front of teachers. If it meant what you guys are saying and we said that in front of a teacher, we'd have been getting swats before we could try to explain. As I mentioned, I've said it here before. If anyone things it means that, I sure would have told me the first time.

Thank goodness this guitar already has a thread because this one is way off the tracks. :(
Don’t worry DTR, in Scotland we just insult people by calling them body parts, like -

“Ya wee fanny!”

and

“Ya bawbag”

Then there’s

“Bampot”

“Dobber”

and

“Numpty”

And my favourite -

“Ya bums oot the windae” (you’re not making sense)

Maybe you introduced “7th”, we could couple it with “ya bum”:D

Sorry in advance if I upset anyone’s sensibilities :oops:

Oh and to get this back on thread, I’m a Strat guy!;)

Last edited:
Back