The unofficial Silver Sky thread

Sure does! We should have beers sometime!
I once used the term ‘cock sniffer’ in a guitar forum without realising the monumental error. Fortunately I found this to serve as an explanation.
maxresdefault.jpg

Sure does! We should have beers sometime!
Beers don’t have corks! (Stupid spellcheck on iPad! I call it SPELLDORK. Constantly changing correctly spelled words to different words :rolleyes:).

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG Paul’s a genius! :eek:

Wait, 3 pages ago he was a clueless, ripoff artist. I hope this has the exact body shape of my NF3. The picture doesn’t show the lower bout to be the same, but it could be the reflection. But I hope it’s the same. Then, between that and the PRS 3x3 headstock, all the “it’s a direct ripoff of a strat” posters can sit on a flagpole. :D (Especially if they’d get rid of that top mounted chord jack. Don’t like that at all, but if JM wanted it...).

Wait, 3 pages ago he was a clueless, ripoff artist. I hope this has the exact body shape of my NF3. The picture doesn’t show the lower bout to be the same, but it could be the reflection. But I hope it’s the same. Then, between that and the PRS 3x3 headstock, all the “it’s a direct ripoff of a strat” posters can sit on a flagpole. :D
Well I for one stand corrected in the face of genius! LOL I hope everyone enjoys this guitar. Don’t bother about what others think. My comment early in this post was more of concern for the company than for the product. I’m sure it’ll be a killer axe.

I’m just joking. Now, some of the things Ive read at TGP... well, I’d respond more to those with a “sit on flagpole” and I’d actually MEAN IT. (Edit: I’d even help them get up there. ;)) Even though, that was on Happy Days so you know it’s pretty mild, and since I admit stealing it, I’ll have to relinquish my short term monicker of genius. I did enjoy it while it lasted though. :D

On a side note, don't ever be offended by anything posted by Scott after midnight. :D

Disclaimer* It is 12:25 a.m. CST...my filter fell off 25 minutes ago...I am not responsible for any offensive behavior and/or statements, and/or misuse of your and you're in order to trap my prey;)...
Warning in affect until 8:00 a.m. CST...tread softly and please don't make me open this. That is all....:confused:

PS. DTR falls under the same "not responsible" warning after midnight as well...careful he bites and I'm not sure if he has had his shots.....carry on....

Last edited:
On a much more serious note: I haven’t been here half as long as many have, but if you have seen how many times here and at TGP people asked for a “PRS STRAT” you’d understand. I have stated many times, that for many years, I’ve LOVED the idea of a strat, and the look of a strat and the TONES of a strat, but I don’t love playing any strat I’ve ever played. And, I love every PRS I own and every one I’ve played.

Point being, there are many of us here who are actually excited, that this may be the guitar we’ve waited for, for many many years. I’m hopeful and excited and if it’s priced right I have enough “other” strats to sell to easily fund one.

Let me be even more to the point. If this guitar feels and plays like my NF3 but has great Strat tones, I would be ECSTATICALLY happy and an owner right away!

Disclaimer* It is 12:25 a.m. CST...my filter fell off 25 minutes ago...I am not responsible for any offensive behavior and/or statements, and/or misuse of your and you're in order to trap my prey;)...
Warning in affect until 8:00 a.m. CST...tread softly and please don't make me open this. That is all....:confused:

AKA: Don’t poke the Scotty Bear! :D

On a much more serious note: I haven’t been here half as long as many have, but if you have seen how many times here and at TGP people asked for a “PRS STRAT” you’d understand. I have stated many times, that for many years, I’ve LOVED the idea of a strat, and the look of a strat and the TONES of a strat, but I don’t love playing any strat I’ve ever played. And, I love every PRS I own and every one I’ve played.

Point being, there are many of us here who are actually excited, that this may be the guitar we’ve waited for, for many many years. I’m hopeful and excited and if it’s priced right I have enough “other” strats to sell to easily fund one.

Let me be even more to the point. If this guitar feels and plays like my NF3 but has great Strat tones, I would be ECSTATICALLY happy and an owner right away!

Soooo, with you on this DTR!...I am feircly loyal to PRS and I couldn't agree more on the way the F Strats, I have never liked the feel of the necks to be more specific. BUT I still long for that tone! Being the David Gilmor fanboy that I am, I'm anxiously awaiting more info on this thing! If it's black with a maple neck and fretboard and can come even close to that tone, it's all over but the beating the redhead will give me when it shows up!

it's all over but the beating the redhead will give me when it shows up!

You know, some things are worth a good beating, and I really think this might be one of them. Besides, we have spare bedrooms so if it gets too bad, bring it with you and come on up. (You think you’re a PRS fanboy now? Wait til you play my Archon! Not only will you NEVER be the same again, but you’ll be signing up for another beating immediately for an Archon!).

Wait, 3 pages ago he was a clueless, ripoff artist. I hope this has the exact body shape of my NF3. The picture doesn’t show the lower bout to be the same, but it could be the reflection. But I hope it’s the same. Then, between that and the PRS 3x3 headstock, all the “it’s a direct ripoff of a strat” posters can sit on a flagpole. :D (Especially if they’d get rid of that top mounted chord jack. Don’t like that at all, but if JM wanted it...).

When you get yours, can you to post if its the same body shape and if it can cop strat tones (the majority of the vids online say that JM's prototype was outstratting his strat on stage and how it wouldnt hit those ice picky notes that his strat was hitting)? Body shape and tone are my two main criteria for this one.

Other than that, I just need it to have a maple board and a Pattern or Pattern Reg neck (I hope it doesnt have some special 'JM' neck shape) then my guitar collection will be complete and I wont have to buy ANY more guitars EVER.

;)

Thats right. I will retire from the guitar buying business. Officially.

Yall believe me, right?

It never fails to amaze how so many guys get so bent out of shape over this crap.
I really dislike John Mayer ... don't know why, just do.
But honestly, it's just a guitar.

Those who like it, buy it.
Those who don't, don't.
Kinda simple.

Last edited:
Back