The unofficial Silver Sky thread

Knowing that this is an artist specification guitar, it takes some of the copy cat aspect away from it. BUT... those specs include a 6 screw bridge, old style vintage saddles, and I don't know enough about the new pickups but they do sound stratty, My take is that besides the birds and headstock, and minor cosmetics like the enhanced cutaway, you have a basic copy of a modern Mexican made Stratocaster for xxxx dollars. I'm sure collectors and complete PRS addicts will have one for the catalog of PRS they have, but I think that even with the ability to shell out... I would have to pass.

So you're gonna buy a Mexican strat instead...congrats

So you're gonna buy a Mexican strat instead...congrats
No, I'm not and I'm not hating, but my wallet cannot support that instrument. That is the real truth of the matter. If you want one and can get one, go for it. It's still a copy of an instrument copied hundreds of times. Multiple posters have said that this guitar isn't for them, no surprise that on a prs site, there will be protectors of the mark regardless of what they make. Snark isn't going to change that.

No, I'm not and I'm not hating, but my wallet cannot support that instrument. That is the real truth of the matter. If you want one and can get one, go for it. It's still a copy of an instrument copied hundreds of times. Multiple posters have said that this guitar isn't for them, no surprise that on a prs site, there will be protectors of the mark regardless of what they make. Snark isn't going to change that.

So you LIKE the guitar, but your wallet can't justify purchasing one...(Not trying to be snarky, trying to figure out where you're coming from)

...if you really, really think it is just a copy of a Mexican Strat with minor cosmetic changes, you haven’t paid attention to the specs or listened to the people who have actually touched and played one. It’s not a copy of a Mexican Strat. Hyperbole never wins debates.

But let’s say PRS decided to make an exact copy of a Mexican Strat but using Maryland materials and labor. The difference in the build quality alone would justify a hefty difference in the price tags. The attention to detail alone would make the PRS version leaps and bounds better.

Guitar tuna?

fishbassguitar.jpg

Look, I don't come here to argue or debate with anyone, there is enough of that as it is in the world. I just think a PRS strat is an unneeded addition. It's that simple. It isn't in my price range, and I have Fender strats. That's all it is to me. Not everyone is automatically bashing this and then getting schooled. I'm out of this one.

Ok, I get where you're coming from, but you could say that about almost any guitar. You've got a McCarty that you love but was that really all that new and innovative? Or, was it just that PRS made something better? I get the whole "it's just a Strat copy" argument, but for anyone that is even remotely familiar with PRS, you can't say that with a straight face. I mean, the 594, in all of its iterations , would really be just an LP copy. No one that has played one really feels that way. I think too many people rush to judge this model, with having never touched it. I firmly believe that this will be anything but a "copy". No one slagged Fender when they "reissued" the '57. I just can't wrap my head around why so many people hate on things they've never touched, or haven't experienced. There are so many good things that the experience of the Internet can bring to people, but it's a shame that it is wasted on small minded people that having nothing better to do than slag on sh!t they have no business slagging on. At some point, I would hope that all the free will we have as human beings would result in something better than where we are at today. It's tragic, really, and we all should be ashamed of the world we are prepping the next generation to take over. I don't care how old you are, or how entitled you feel you are, if you're not willing to say it to someone, face to face, or to tell your kids it's okay to spout endlessly on the web, you're a coward.

A few things in closing....Parralax, this response is in no way directed at you...aloha! I love you, brother

everyone else.....try to be better to each other.......I'm out

PS - anyone that wants to say it, face to face, I'm in Aurora, IL....hit me up.....ill do my best not to hit you

PSS - do your best to be better, every day. The world deserves to be a better place. More than one of us have relatives that did their part to ensure that the world they left would be a better place. Please have some perspective.

Peace out, Jim

I just think a PRS strat is an unneeded addition.
I can’t believe I’m reading something like this over and over. It’s John Mayer’s Signature guitar, can’t anyone respect that for a bit? If you don’t like it, fine - it’s not even meant for you in the first place!
No one bashes Dustie Waring for having “just another CE24 copy”...

Oh, and @bodia: Well roared, lion! ;)

At some point, I would hope that all the free will we have as human beings would result in something better than where we are at today. It's tragic, really, and we all should be ashamed of the world we are prepping the next generation to take over. I don't care how old you are, or how entitled you feel you are, if you're not willing to say it to someone, face to face, or to tell your kids it's okay to spout endlessly on the web, you're a coward.

PSS - do your best to be better, every day. The world deserves to be a better place. More than one of us have relatives that did their part to ensure that the world they left would be a better place. Please have some perspective.

Peace out, Jim

x1000. Brilliantly stated. Nothing to add.

Kevin

Funny thing about this guitar the more debate there is the more I want one and If PRS makes a Tele like model I will preorder it right now.
I started out uninterested but the more I read and hear :) , I've owned and played Strats, since 1973 interested to see where this one ranks

Funny thing about this guitar the more debate there is the more I want one and If PRS makes a Tele like model I will preorder it right now.
I started out uninterested but the more I read and hear :) , I've owned and played Strats, since 1973 interested to see where this one ranks
I read your comment, my train of thought turned (tongue in cheek) to “oh my god, what sort of reaction would there be if Paul made Bruce Springsteen a “signature” Tele”

The internet would really get broken!

Or Joe Bonamassa a “signature” 594, with odd knobs! How upset would people be then?!;):confused:

James Burton asked Leo Fender if he could make him a Signature Telecaster. Leo told James that he had better think long and hard before James' puts his name on a guitar.

I wonder what happen to guitarists when the Les Paul model was converted to the SG in 1961. You would almost have to believe that many owners/guitarists/fans of the "Les Paul" were upset.

Kind of similar here with the SS.

Back