The unofficial Silver Sky thread

“But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, men of the west!!”.

Nuff said.:rolleyes:

Who needs a PRS when Elven strings strung on thousand year old Valinorian Mahogany automatically cue in when you break into song at your own coronation? :rolleyes:
Meh, a good speech but still just words. I prefer men of action ;)

It's a guitar...
It didn't run over your cat (sorry cats)
It's not responsible for your hair loss
Nor did it leave you for a younger player

But... it's fun! And whether you buy one or not, I think it will be a success!
It is extremely well built (like all PRSi)
Has some pretty cool appointments
Is not overpriced compared to other similar guitars
And DID NOT run over your cat! (Oh... I already said that...) ahem...

Anyway... Pie!

So, what are the chances this guitar will be available to do a private stock build with? Would be nice to get one with a maple board, big ss frets, and perhaps some board scalloping. I'd Yngwie-fy that thing, if I had a lot of spare cash around.

So, what are the chances this guitar will be available to do a private stock build with? Would be nice to get one with a maple board, big ss frets, and perhaps some board scalloping. I'd Yngwie-fy that thing, if I had a lot of spare cash around.
I don't see why not. I assume all production models are up for grabs when it comes to PS, this one included.

Ok. Somewhere north of 60 post deletions. The derp. The nastiness. The sheer rudeness.

You got a gripe with a member’s post or attitude?

Hit the report button.

Do not respond in kind.

Also, PRS employees get to post MAP prices, we do not.

I return you to the melee...

Ok. Somewhere north of 60 post deletions. The derp. The nastiness. The sheer rudeness.

Hit the report button.

Do not respond in kind.

Think it was for the best

Hit the report button.

Do not respond in kind.

By melee, you mean PRSGOW on FB, right?

With all the press about the new Silver Sky no one has mentioned anything about where the name "Silver Sky" originated from? Does anyone really know?

With all the press about the new Silver Sky no one has mentioned anything about where the name "Silver Sky" originated from? Does anyone really know?

In one of the many SS threads that are active, Shawn said that John picked it, but he wasn't sure what the significance was.

The sky looks silver when it is about to rain. Maybe when John grabs this guitar, he thinks... something... about... raining? o_O

Knowing that this is an artist specification guitar, it takes some of the copy cat aspect away from it. BUT... those specs include a 6 screw bridge, old style vintage saddles, and I don't know enough about the new pickups but they do sound stratty, My take is that besides the birds and headstock, and minor cosmetics like the enhanced cutaway, you have a basic copy of a modern Mexican made Stratocaster for xxxx dollars. I'm sure collectors and complete PRS addicts will have one for the catalog of PRS they have, but I think that even with the ability to shell out... I would have to pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sky looks silver when it is about to rain. Maybe when John grabs this guitar, he thinks... something... about... raining? o_O
Yeah, lets have some theories! :D

I think the sky is silver in Paradise Valley*. Maybe some kind of homage to home.

* - Look at this.

Knowing that this is an artist specification guitar, it takes some of the copy cat aspect away from it. BUT... those specs include a 6 screw bridge, old style vintage saddles, and I don't know enough about the new pickups but they do sound stratty, My take is that besides the birds and headstock, and minor cosmetics like the enhanced cutaway, you have a basic copy of a modern Mexican made Stratocaster for xxxx dollars. I'm sure collectors and complete PRS addicts will have one for the catalog of PRS they have, but I think that even with the ability to shell out... I would have to pass.
Are you trying to insinuate that there is some other guitar out there with some similarity to this one?? Where do you get THAT from?? Those rat b*stards at PRS are just trying to put one over on me.......

Kevin

I have never played this guitar (not one of the people with desenting or positive opinions on it has yet)... but I would argue that the neck on this is going to be 50000000000000% better (comfort and playability) than a mexican Strat

100% chance!

That said, the PTC might be able to do what you're asking. Hit them up, would be a much cheaper option than full PS

In one of the many SS threads that are active, Shawn said that John picked it, but he wasn't sure what the significance was.

Yup...
I asked the question, and bodia is quoting the answer correctly!

WLTqybw.jpg

i wouldn't blame him. RIP

make it rain john.

Back