The unofficial Silver Sky thread

Not my cup of tea. I prefer a PRS style guitar with split coil option, because that would be a PRS. If I want something like a strat, I'd buy a strat.

Shuffleboard tournament at the nursing home.

Nope! I ate him...o_O

Taking on board some electrolyte fuelled beverages, ready for the next @ScottR tirade!

Thats post 1499 and @sergiodeblanc im outta here!

“Haggis drop” and good night!

Scott feel free to PM to catch up :D

HA! You call that a tirade?! Naa, that was merely a flesh wound, a warning shot if you will. That was me on 6...you don't wanna see me at 10...it's not that pretty. Geez, bro I thought you Scots were more accustomed to a more brutal approach! You know with the whole William Wallace thing...

Reading the reverb article, PRS'I says basically not anytime soon for a release. This version may be an attempt to start with strat features that make JM comfortable and then morph them into the desired end product.

I'm a PRS fan boy. I also like Strats. As long as PRS makes the candy apple red, with a rosewood board and birds - I want one.

Mayer's name doesn't have anything to do with it, but his influence on the design/model doesn't turn me off either.

Hope it happens sooner rather than later.

And hope they're not priced like JM's amp and Super Eagles...

It doesn't make me want this over a 305. As a purely Strat guitar I'm happy with my Eric Johnson. The 305 is Strat like but something more

Reverb sent out an interesting article on this guitar today. Very interesting comments have been posted in response to the article...

:confused:

Reminded me that PRS guitars arent exactly everyones 'cup o tea'

Read the article after reading this - there were only 32 comments at the time. All I have to say is...I'm glad most of those folks aren't PRS players because then they might come here, and we're better off without them.

I think the guitar looks great. I’ve been ready for one since he played it in Boston. I’ve been holding off on a strat purchase since then.

I’d love one in fiesta red.

I don't have a strong opinion either way. Not a strat guy so, not really any interest. My NF3 is as close to that territory as I wanna get. As for the politics, John and Paul have a relationship built and if John wants this guitar, then it'll happen. PRS already has it's identity. A sig guitar for someone doesn't change that.

I have decided not to comment on this here....my wallet will be making my official statement...hopefully in the near future.

So you’re sayin’..... “__Money talks, BS walks... and I will have a better strat than all you Fender boys. :p_”
(Fill in the blanks, boys and girls. I already have my quote already. Bet someone else steals it within the first 10 replies. ;))

Last edited by a moderator:
Read the article after reading this - there were only 32 comments at the time. All I have to say is...I'm glad most of those folks aren't PRS players because then they might come here, and we're better off without them.

There is a lot of negative sentiment on this guitar on instagram & the Gear Page. I'm looking forward to its release and trying one out.

There is a lot of negative sentiment on this guitar on instagram & the Gear Page. I'm looking forward to its release and trying one out.

Amen. I’ve put off buying a strat for going on 6 months. I only play PRS guitars. I like supporting a company whose founder is still alive and pushing the industry. My guess is this strat has many electrical peculiarities that don’t show themselves from a single picture with no explanation.

Ya, the world can always use a better strat... and knowing Paul, this guitar's going to have it where it counts... I can't wait to try one, but I do hope they do a Maple fret board...

Back