The unofficial Silver Sky thread

Struggling to refrain from political comments...
Politics? All I was thinking is this....

QLNwfLN.jpg

I really hope that PRS doesn't follow in Fenders footsteps and only offer bland finish options...

I keep seeing folks bit%$hin about the price. A Fender American Vintage is $2299. What is the pouting about!
Comparisons are being made with the S2 line - probably because those are the closest in "build" characteristics, especially the Vela, Mira, Starla: all single planks of wood, many solid colors, mildly shaped, no fancy figured maple, plastic pickguards.

The JM guitar seems to fall in to that general area, vs the typical Core line guitar at twice (or more) the price.

Comparing to Fender is something I am wary of - there are US made Fender Strats for a lot less - so which is best to compare, those or the model you quoted?

Comparisons are being made with the S2 line - probably because those are the closest in "build" characteristics, especially the Vela, Mira, Starla: all single planks of wood, many solid colors, mildly shaped, no fancy figured maple, plastic pickguards.

The JM guitar seems to fall in to that general area, vs the typical Core line guitar at twice (or more) the price.

Comparing to Fender is something I am wary of - there are US made Fender Strats for a lot less - so which is best to compare, those or the model you quoted?

This would be a rational argument if the Vernon Reid Vela wasn't $2249...

Back