The unofficial Silver Sky thread

I have resorted to this workaround for my Strat, and it works like a charm.

If you're Jeff Beck, it'll hamper volume swells, but for most of us... .dig it!

https://www.allparts.com/EP-4972-023-Stop-It-Friction-Disc-Washers_p_4649.html

EP-4972-000-w-4.jpg

I think that's what's got me a little sour on this one, I was all hoping for a new run of the 90ish EG model that quacked like a Strat but still looked and felt more like a PRS. I love everything about mine, even the kinda-in-the-way control placement. The control placement forced me to become (a little, no claims of grandeur here) less sloppy about my picking technique, actually.

Casi1 will pass on this (and just pick up an EJ strat) if no maple board option.

:(
yeah, crushes me to say this, but so would I. (Pass, not get an EJ). If they don't to maple board, I'm out. And I might actually cry...

Guess I'd finally break down and go shopping for a DC3.

While I "could" live without white body, I wonder... they wouldn't go THIS far with this, and not do a maple fingerboard, would they? I mean, even if JM spec'd rosewood... but it's a sig model so I'm now worried. That said, I don't know if everyone is as picky about this particular thing, but I'd actually guess they might cut the market for it in half with no maple fingerboard option. Problem is, I'd try one, love it, and wonder if I should buy it or not because I certainly love rosewood on other guitars, just NOT my "strats," no matter what brand they are.

Makes sense, I guess.

On second look, he did move it about 3/8" towards the switch, actually, so perhaps that's the compromise.

Yeah, there's actually a little daylight between the knob and the pickup height screw, which isn't the case on the usual Strat design.

Front recessed jack allows for comfortable couch jamming...

So does a right-angle plug on the cord...

Should be interesting to see the price point, I'd say that if it's a rosewood board and has a contoured heel, it will likely go just north of a grand ($1200-$1500 maybe?).

After reading that new interview PRSh did, reposted in that other thread this morning, I have an all-brand-spanking-new hunch that it'll be a limited edition signature Core for about $2,800 and a signature SE version for about $800.

yeah, crushes me to say this, but so would I. (Pass, not get an EJ). If they don't to maple board, I'm out. And I might actually cry...

Guess I'd finally break down and go shopping for a DC3.

While I "could" live without white body, I wonder... they wouldn't go THIS far with this, and not do a maple fingerboard, would they? I mean, even if JM spec'd rosewood... but it's a sig model so I'm now worried. That said, I don't know if everyone is as picky about this particular thing, but I'd actually guess they might cut the market for it in half with no maple fingerboard option. Problem is, I'd try one, love it, and wonder if I should buy it or not because I certainly love rosewood on other guitars, just NOT my "strats," no matter what brand they are.

4-13-14_fremantle_wcbnrfestival_534e220e9606ee71c32b3aa6.jpg

Apparently not a hard and fast rule.

Haha, you know you don’t mean that ;):D

I didn't know if that was your band or not . I know ScottR tried out for that group but they said he had a "southern twang" that just didn't fit with the band. Kept mis-singing "y'all feelin' hot hot hot" :D You're probably more into the Death Metal version that I play? :cool:

After reading that new interview PRSh did, reposted in that other thread this morning, I have an all-brand-spanking-new hunch that it'll be a limited edition signature Core for about $2,800 and a signature SE version for about $800.

Hmmm. That doesnt sound like there will be a maple option.

And I could buy a whole lotta f strat for $2800.

<Casi1 runs away crying>

Don't cry now.... yet.

If it's all rosewood board, it won't matter and I'll be crushed. If maple is available and it is a limited run, it means "be ready ahead of time or maybe lose the chance at a dream guitar." So do I sell three guitars hoping they make what I want? And yes, I have too many guitars and have to sell some. I've told my wife that I'd rather have fewer great guitars so I'd sell some to buy any more new ones. I'm going to sell a couple and then try to be close to ready when/if this hits. I am no longer giddy with excitement like I was a few days ago. Perhaps another dream "almost" realized.

You've got a DC3 though, so you're covered either way.

Don't cry now.... yet.

If it's all rosewood board, it won't matter and I'll be crushed. If maple is available and it is a limited run, it means "be ready ahead of time or maybe lose the chance at a dream guitar." So do I sell three guitars hoping they make what I want? And yes, I have too many guitars and have to sell some. I've told my wife that I'd rather have fewer great guitars so I'd sell some to buy any more new ones. I'm going to sell a couple and then try to be close to ready when/if this hits. I am no longer giddy with excitement like I was a few days ago. Perhaps another dream "almost" realized.

Easy decision. You just have to know which ones you are selling (know how much you'd be willing to accept for them) and have them ready to go... Then wait to see what PRS unveils. If the timing isnt perfect, and you end up getting the dream guitar while still having the other guitars then you commit to selling those guitars within 60 days. You'll have some overlap but its better than missing out. Given the latest info, I'm thinking the price tag on the dream guitar might be up to $3k.

Last edited:
Don't cry now.... yet.

But this one might be strattier... I want this one. It might have strat pickups. It looks cool. I like it. I want it.

:oops:

And John Mayer likes it... And he USED TO BE so sexy.

And I love the front jack. I wanna jack in on my couch.

And these guitars are gonna be in all my favorite colors.

It was meant to be.

Back