The Unofficial 2020 McCarty 594 Love Thread!!

So far as I can tell only the new single cuts in the 594 group have the +pickups.
That is correct - the "+" designation is for the slightly different design that PRS is using on SC 594s compared to the "base model" DC 594s.

That is correct - the "+" designation is for the slightly different design that PRS is using on SC 594s compared to the "base model" DC 594s.

Do we have any official word on what the + denotes. More output, more vintage character?

I played a 2020 SC and a 2020 DC yesterday, and found the SC to sound a bit more open and the bridge humbucker had more "quack". Whereas the DC was tighter, at least to my ears.

Do we have any official word on what the + denotes. More output, more vintage character?

I played a 2020 SC and a 2020 DC yesterday, and found the SC to sound a bit more open and the bridge humbucker had more "quack". Whereas the DC was tighter, at least to my ears.

From Shawn Nuthall in Oct 2019:

The neck joint will effect the tone of a guitar, so if all things were equal, a Singlecut would sound differently than a double cutaway guitar. The 58/15LT+ pickups are tuned specifically for a Singlecut neck joint.

The LT+ is only available in the SC594 model, they are not used in anything else. They are tuned to be slightly brighter and a touch louder than the traditional LT pups.

I can attest with regards to a touch louder / higher output. Both of mine are great with this pickup in the bridge, never once did I think to myself that it needs a higher output bridge pickup, which I can't say for my most of my 2017 Core/WL SC 594s. A big improvement between the specialized wind for the SC, and the impact of the TCI process - great pickups in this 2020 SC 594!

From Shawn Nuthall in Oct 2019:

I can attest with regards to a touch louder / higher output. Both of mine are great with this pickup in the bridge, never once did I think to myself that it needs a higher output bridge pickup, which I can't say for my most of my 2017 Core/WL SC 594s. A big improvement between the specialized wind for the SC, and the impact of the TCI process - great pickups in this 2020 SC 594!

Thanks for this! I have that SC I tried in my sights.

For those that are curious..........

Before:

3BlVuJx.jpg

NEFRdUM.jpg

After:

r5O6Zjw.jpg

VBvFWEr.jpg

And, for inquiring minds; the difference in weight.

plMAkIh.jpg

i0hZ05T.jpg

Might have been a little more if I had weighed the Phase III before I put the Faux Bone tuners on. The metal tuner buttibs may have added more to the weight difference. Still, I was surprised it was half an ounce.

Before:

3BlVuJx.jpg

NEFRdUM.jpg

After:

r5O6Zjw.jpg

VBvFWEr.jpg

plMAkIh.jpg

i0hZ05T.jpg

Might have been a little more if I had weighed the Phase III before I put the Faux Bone tuners on. The metal tuner buttibs may have added more to the weight difference. Still, I was surprised it was half an ounce.
Nicely done sir. I'll take the phase III lockers every time!

Before:

3BlVuJx.jpg

NEFRdUM.jpg

After:

r5O6Zjw.jpg

VBvFWEr.jpg

plMAkIh.jpg

i0hZ05T.jpg

Definitely an improvement .... well done, sir!

Back