The Unofficial 2020 McCarty 594 Love Thread!!

Okl I gotta ask the learned minds here, I'm 73 yo and I havent gigged in some time. So now I play mostly for myself. I have my 98 McCarty and my Texas special strat that Ive had for years. I have a custom shop Fender ProSonic and a Dr Z Maz38.
So I have some decent stuff. BUT I have my eye on a 594 SC with tci+
Etc.
So should I buy it????. I'm not going to live forever but I'm in decent health and I frequent the gym regularly.
Opinions welcomed!
I say do it if you can afford it. The 594 will enrich your life!

Okl I gotta ask the learned minds here, I'm 73 yo and I havent gigged in some time. So now I play mostly for myself. I have my 98 McCarty and my Texas special strat that Ive had for years. I have a custom shop Fender ProSonic and a Dr Z Maz38.
Etc.
So should I buy it????. I'm not going to live forever but I'm in decent health and I frequent the gym regularly.
Opinions welcomed!
Absolutely buy it!

I can't tell you much about the TCI, as my SC594 was made in 2018, but I can tell you that the guitar itself is a monstrously good instrument. It has all the best qualities of a good, golden-era Les Paul, and doesn't have the quirks. My bet is that running the SC594 into that Maz38 is going to make some amazing classic rock sounds!

Etc.
Opinions welcomed!
Definitely do it.
Old guys deserve good guitars too.

So... my 2020 SC594 arrived today... dated 1/17/20. It’s an absolutely stunning instrument that plays and sounds sublime! I already have a ‘17 SC594 Wood Library with a Korina back and neck and really wanted to give the ‘20 a try with hog back, neck and nitro. I’m one that believes that an extremely thin finish is a key to resonance. The nitro checked a big box for me on this particular acquisition. The new TCI pups also piqued my interest. I’m happy it came with the P3 tuners...

Right out of the box it did not disappoint. Fit and finish is typical PRS... perfect. It smells so good :). Sound? Full and articulate with great individual note bloom. Full report over the weekend with obligatory pics.

Oh.... a special thanks to Pete for providing his pics that brought on my initial GAS pains ;). Chuck

Dealer pic. It’s even nicer in person.
20prs3.jpg

Last edited:
So... my 2020 SC594 arrived today... dated 1/17/20. It’s an absolutely stunning instrument that plays and sounds sublime! I already have a ‘17 SC594 Wood Library with a Korina back and neck and really wanted to give the ‘20 a try with hog back, neck and nitro. I’m one that believes that an extremely thin finish is a key to resonance. The nitro checked a big box for me on this particular acquisition. The new TCI pups also piqued my interest. I’m happy it came with the P3 tuners...

Right out of the box it did not disappoint. Fit and finish is typical PRS... perfect. It smells so good :). Sound? Full and articulate with great individual note bloom. Full report over the weekend with obligatory pics.

Oh.... a special thanks to Peter for providing his pics that brought on my initial GAS pains ;). Chuck

20prs3.jpg
That looks perfect to me.

Oh.... a special thanks to Peter for providing his pics that brought on my initial GAS pains ;). Chuck

20prs3.jpg

Perfect in every way. Congrats!

Turns out I couldn’t. Itchy trigger finger won.

YES!! :)

Etc.
Opinions welcomed!

Bob, I say go for it! I am not gigging these days either and just play for myself, and I totally dig it. The 594s are great, and these 2020s are the best ones yet, IMO.

Oh.... a special thanks to Pete for providing his pics that brought on my initial GAS pains ;). Chuck

20prs3.jpg

Awesome, congrats Chuck!! That one is a beauty! I really love this Charcoal finish with the Natural Back and Hybrid Hardware - so classy!

Great top as well.

Enjoy!

20prs3.jpg
Fantastic score. Congrats!

20prs3.jpg

congratulations that is a hottie!

20prs3.jpg
Well done. That’s spectacular!

This thread is killing me......

I bought an AP 24-08 in December. I bought an Anderson Super Raven in November. I should NOT buy another guitar............

I think I'm going to sell a few things. Anyone interested in some REALLY nice Fenders and a Helix? This darn SC 594 is really talking to me.......

Welllllll, I passed on the SC 594. The guitar is at midwood guitar for any one interested. My issue was the while the description was a "dark cherry burst" it wasnt. It was a very typical Les Paul looking burst. Red around the edges and amber in the interior.
So I'll have to find me another.

Welllllll, I passed on the SC 594. The guitar is at midwood guitar for any one interested. My issue was the while the description was a "dark cherry burst" it wasnt. It was a very typical Les Paul looking burst. Red around the edges and amber in the interior.
So I'll have to find me another.

I think I saw that one on Reverb... looks sweet! I hate it when the pics don’t represent the color very well. Bummer. Another will come your way ;)

Last edited:
Interesting observation... I’ve seen some 58/15 LT’s on the 20 SC’s carry the + inscription and some that don’t. Are they all marked accordingly?

Last edited:
You are correct its also on reverb. I asked them about the color and they said that they took the pictures and its accurate, according to them.?
So far as I can tell only the new single cuts in the 594 group have the +pickups.
I did find another thats black with a 10 top. I ran it by the Mrs and she said it didn't do anything for her lol. So the search continues.

20prs3.jpg
Wow!

Back