The Unofficial 2020 McCarty 594 Love Thread!!

These are flying changes. The 594 guitars were the first ones to make the transition to nitro, but by November 2020, all Core guitars have nitro finish and TCI pickups. January 2020 all Bolt-on guitars have nitro and TCI, February 10, 2020 all S2 models will have nitro finish, although the pickups are still making the transition to TCI.

The 594 guitars ordered while Phase III tuners were stock, will deliver with Phase III tuners, unless the dealer specifically asks us to change their orders to include the vintage style tuners. The TCI and Nitro are being changed on all 594's, so the dealers do not have to request anything special to get those features.

These are flying changes. The 594 guitars were the first ones to make the transition to nitro, but by November 2020, all Core guitars have nitro finish and TCI pickups. January 2020 all Bolt-on guitars have nitro and TCI, February 10, 2020 all S2 models will have nitro finish, although the pickups are still making the transition to TCI.

The 594 guitars ordered while Phase III tuners were stock, will deliver with Phase III tuners, unless the dealer specifically asks us to change their orders to include the vintage style tuners. The TCI and Nitro are being changed on all 594's, so the dealers do not have to request anything special to get those features.

Shawn:

Awesome, thank you for clarifying! I am sure that is very helpful for everyone.

I think that is great with regards to the tuners re "The 594 guitars ordered while Phase III tuners were stock, will deliver with Phase III tuners, unless the dealer specifically asks us to change their orders to include the vintage style tuners" - that will give many folks out there the option to choose between Phase III and the new vintage ones. Smart thinking! ;)

Hats off to you guys for continuing to improve what was already the best guitar model ever made (IMO). It really is an incredible lineup with the 2020 tweaks and the addition of the S2 models - wow!!

-Pete

All the guitars in this thread are beautiful. I know the vintage neck carve is a big attraction to this guitar but I just couldn’t jive with it. I wish they’d offER the regular carve like the SSH.

What’s the difference in the tuners. Vintage doesn’t mean a return to winged tuners does it?
Look at the guitar pictured in the OP. The tuners are "Kluson style", non-locking. If you don't know what Kluson style tuners look like up close, do a Google search, it should help.

Look at the guitar pictured in the OP. The tuners are "Kluson style", non-locking. If you don't know what Kluson style tuners look like up close, do a Google search, it should help.

So they’re like the older McCarty tuners. I much, much prefer the phase III locking tuners. Thanks.

Had to join in on the fun and see what all the fuss was about :)

hZ6EgOE.jpg

So when I buy my. Prs 594 sc what color should it be? I have whale blue 1998 McCarty already. I'd prefer a non blue PRS this time around.
Maybe Orange Tiger or Gold Wrap?
Suggestions?

Back