The Unofficial 2020 McCarty 594 Love Thread!!

Does my 2019 (completed 23rd Dec 2019) McCarty 594 Hollowbody ii count in this? It does have the Nitro and TCI process applied to the pick-ups - just not the Vintage tuners as expected for the 2020 models? Is it welcome in the 2020 594 Love thread??

My PRS McCarty 594 Hollowbody ii front...
cqHRFgc.jpg

and Back...
ESAMPvu.jpg

and the Old School Birds...
0ENrxLU.jpg

The whole guitar...
qX8FWNj.jpg

And as this picture shows, it has the phase III locking tuners - and I prefer the look of the buttons too. love the Rosewood veneer they used here too...
3Vw0XlH.jpg

And I love this pic as it shows off the double faux binding...
w4FlaEY.jpg

Anyway, this is my (almost) 2020 McCarty 594 Hollowbody ii...

Does my 2019 (completed 23rd Dec 2019) McCarty 594 Hollowbody ii count in this? It does have the Nitro and TCI process applied to the pick-ups - just not the Vintage tuners as expected for the 2020 models? Is it welcome in the 2020 594 Love thread??

cqHRFgc.jpg

and Back...
ESAMPvu.jpg

0ENrxLU.jpg

The whole guitar...
qX8FWNj.jpg

And as this picture shows, it has the phase III locking tuners - and I prefer the look of the buttons too. love the Rosewood veneer they used here too...
3Vw0XlH.jpg

w4FlaEY.jpg

Yes!

cqHRFgc.jpg

and Back...
ESAMPvu.jpg

0ENrxLU.jpg

The whole guitar...
qX8FWNj.jpg

3Vw0XlH.jpg

w4FlaEY.jpg

Wow!!!!

It's alive!!!

Question. Looks like guitar made in March 2020 (see tag). So I assume it has TCI 5815 LTs. That said are these locking tuners (see pic)? Thought those were phased out in 2020 on 594s?

Not complaining mind you. Prefer locking tuners if that is the case. Just want to be sure the pickups have been TCI'd lol .... Sweetwater said they were in their description. Also said the tuners were vintage style. Hope I can trust them on the TCI part of the description.

Another thing action is very high. Anyone know the factory spec for the action. I may ask Sweetwater for a credit if is higher than factory spec. I didn't specify string height but assumed it would not be so high (haven't measured it and frankly don't trust myself to do so accurately).

First PRS!!!!

If 3/20/20 pickups are TCI. I think the factory produced both tuners on some models but like you, I prefer locking so that’s cool. Hopefully you have really good luthier near you. Take it there and let them set it up like you want it. No matter where they come from, I always have my guy set it up.
Best news is that Sweetwater offers an awesome “free look “ return so you have plenty of time to play it. If not diggin after new setup, send it back. I like Sweetwater but have heard alot of their guitars aren’t set up well. Doesn’t mean problem can’t be corrected so get it set up properly and my guess is you’ll love it. Great guitar.
Enjoy.

If 3/20/20 pickups are TCI. I think the factory produced both tuners on some models but like you, I prefer locking so that’s cool. Hopefully you have really good luthier near you. Take it there and let them set it up like you want it. No matter where they come from, I always have my guy set it up.
Best news is that Sweetwater offers an awesome “free look “ return so you have plenty of time to play it. If not diggin after new setup, send it back. I like Sweetwater but have heard alot of their guitars aren’t set up well. Doesn’t mean problem can’t be corrected so get it set up properly and my guess is you’ll love it. Great guitar.
Enjoy.
It's a keeper for sure!

Thanks

My SC594 is kind of a hybrid. Nitro finish, Phase 3 tuners, TCI 58/15 LT (but not the +). It was built 11/6/19.

Shawn had explained that dealers who had ordered Phase 3 tuners would get them rather than the Vintage tuners.

FWIW, the 594 is really, really easy to adjust. It’s pretty simple to lower the action.

My SC594 is kind of a hybrid. Nitro finish, Phase 3 tuners, TCI 58/15 LT (but not the +). It was built 11/6/19.

Shawn had explained that dealers who had ordered Phase 3 tuners would get them rather than the Vintage tuners.

FWIW, the 594 is really, really easy to adjust. It’s pretty simple to lower the action.
Thanks. I will research how to adjust the action and give it a shot.

I am so glad these have the locking Phase 3 Tuners. Am lazy lol ....

Nothing wrong with the guitar. Just needs a good setup that feels good to you. I'm like you, not too skilled with setups but maybe a couple tweaks will do it. If not, let a pro set it up and you'll be thrilled. Enjoy, great guitar.

Nothing wrong with the guitar. Just needs a good setup that feels good to you. I'm like you, not too skilled with setups but maybe a couple tweaks will do it. If not, let a pro set it up and you'll be thrilled. Enjoy, great guitar.
Think I can give it a shot lowering the action.

Back