The *un*official stompbox thread

slowro

After YEARS enjoying the simple life (I sold all my pedals (even my tuner) and bought a polytune noir and a maxon od808 I woke up with GAS

The port city was EXPENSIVE to get to the UK but it is a brilliant pedal, solid, attractive and did I mention it sounds crystal clear. Clean tones it lifts the tone out and it feels sharper and dirty it just slays for leads!

The OCD is like my maxon with more grit and colour. I can't switch it off it sounds too good. Don't think I need to go on about it.

The alter ego is cool I love the pink floyd delay tones I can get and the screwed up modulating tones I can get from it, I love love LOVE delay pedals.

Which ended up in me buying a strange aria adl1 delay pedal after seeing it on YouTube never heard of it but I want to coax some ambient noise out it. It's not arrived yet but hopefully tomorrow.

And then in the second worst gas impulse I've had I bought a boss DM-2! I was looking at an earthquaker devices reverb/delay or a wampler tape echo and ended up with this instead. It should arrive for the weekend

What happened to me I used to be so sensible with gear!
I'm planning a pedaltrain board with a true bypass looper too

Show me your pedals!!!!!!!!!

FEED MY GAS

I must say the alter ego has the WORST colour scheme, I can't read the knobs, the brown is cool but the silver is a pain

I don't need anything other than my Digitech Grunge pedal for the sweetest sounds ever.

I'm going through a pedal phase myself. I had been using a Tech 21 Double Drive 3X, and boosting with an AC Booster, but I've recently changed to using the AC Booster for OD, Xotic SL Drive for distortion, and TC Electronic Spark Mini for boost. Definitely a great combo of boxes.

I also finally finished making a DIY clone of the Armstrong Green Ringer for octave-up effect, and I have the bits and pieces to modify the board of my Vox V846 wah (which has already been modded with true bypass, Fulltone pot and AC adapter). I'm also thinking of an A/B loop selector with bypass so I can better manage selecting the gain tones. I have the specs to build one, but drilling the enclosure may be too big a task, so I may break down and buy one.

I'm working out my latest ultimate pedal board, so I'll post a pic in the pedal board thread whenever I get it set up.

I've got a lot of "common" pedals....
Here is one some may/may not have seen..I like it a lot,really good Fuzz!
84CB9E6C-26B3-4742-BEA9-702A90F1EF7C_zpsaoulx3lo.jpg

I must say the alter ego has the WORST colour scheme, I can't read the knobs, the brown is cool but the silver is a pain

Agreed, but it has the best presets. I wish I could get that DMM preset for my Flashback X4.

I'm actually building a custom footswitch box to switch between multiple pedals at once.

Agreed, but it has the best presets. I wish I could get that DMM preset for my Flashback X4.

I'm actually building a custom footswitch box to switch between multiple pedals at once.

Cool you need to post it up when you finish it. I would love to make one but I don't know where to start!

The proguitarshop YouTube videos for the alter ego is well worth a watch

Last edited:
This is the thread I hoped never happened. I don't want to relapse.

Someone hold me.

Definitely a pedal guy.

I've always liked the idea of having one big amp and one big pedalboard and one or two guitars instead of multiple amps and guitars to haul. I use clean Blackface amps mostly and stompboxes in front of that for the raunch. I'm an OD/amp in a box pedal nut in particular.

Most of what I use is delay and drive and the occasional compression for country stuff for covers. Not a modulation guy other than a MXR Script Phase 90 for swirly leslie-ish bits.

I've been diggin my Earthquaker devices the Depths quite a bit. Unfortunately, like my Strymon timeline, I haven't had enough time to mess with it.

Hello...my name is xj and I'm addicted to fuzz...
...Which is a bad thing because there are, like, 3 billion different fuzz pedals out there. And new ones keep popping up every day...

That said, one of my favorite pedals lately is the boss tera echo. I find it to be very inspiring. ..

But then I just ordered a devi ever hyperion this morning...

DE-hyp02-sm.jpg

Almost went for an el rey mystic, but I'll put that next on the list..

Some cool pedals up above, btw...

Last edited:
Hello...my name is xj and I'm addicted to fuzz...
...Which is a bad thing because there are, like, 3 billion different fuzz pedals out there. And new ones keep popping up every day...

Any opinion on the Way Huge Swollen Pickle? I just got one after reading all the raves, and I'm just not getting along with it. In fact, it makes me miss my Octafuzz and Russian Big Muff.

Back