The three guitar experiment

My 2 acoustics and my 2 Warmoth slide guitars I built years ago don’t count either..
I sold off around 10 guitars after purchasing my wood library DGT…..
then found locally a 93 Custom 22 with a wrap tailpiece which I love just as much as the DGT, but it’s much more of a powerhouse Rockin blues guitar whereas the DGT is more polite, but in a good way. 2 very different sounding guitars…
my 2 Les Pauls made by Larry Corsa in PA and the korina/maple top one is a 1 off built by Kevin Swaim in NC
I keep going round about selling the LP’s, but they are both under 8 lbs, , all handmade and very different sounding than my 2 PRS’s. They are loaded with Zhangbuckers, which are very special pickups (to me)
so that’s 4, but then this real nice new Santana SE popped up on sale at the Guitar Vault and I couldn’t resist…
I hope I’m done…….:oops::rolleyes::oops:

Last edited:
On the walls a must
It’s there begets the lust
To pick it up and play
No matter what you say

In the case is fine
But surely it’s a sign
That while you’re free of dust
You’ll never know the lust.

So all my space I‘ll fill
If only for the thrill
To see what I acquired
Since I’ve been retired.

Should I become so crazy
That I cease to be so lazy
Ill put them in their cases
Where they’ll be no traces.

Of all that I acquired
nor the music I‘ve sired
My strings may beat the rust
But gone will be my lust.

The love for music doth drive me
The sound - not what the eye can see;
The lust lies not in gear I've bought
My joy is in the music wrought.

No wall reminder do I need
To do one more recording deed;
Performing, aye, and when it's good
With proper feel of strings and wood;
I feel alive, and true and free
Then hear my music on TV.

No whisper do I need to hear
To open up my cases dear;
Out from their cases do they come
They work for me until I'm done;
And last before I leave my space
The guitar goeth in its case.

A haiku:

My own guitars will
never hang on walls or stands.
They're here for music.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Guitars can be red
But not blue

-Sergiodeblanc Longfellow Frost-

By the way...this is art history and not part of the 3.
My daughter will take it when I am done with it and decide who gets it next in 50-60 years.
CK_187GhettoBassHornDetailAAA.JPG

The last time I lived with three PRS is right before I bought my fourth PRS.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I need more than three
And so do you
I don't. I need one acoustic, and one electric.

That's why I'm going to sell 4 of my electrics as soon as I can figure out which one to keep.

"You've been trying to figure that out for a very long time."

"I'm indulging my inner patient person."

"That's pretty much the same as procrastinating."

"So?"

If memory serves, the OP, his own self, has guitars hanging, but in enclosed glass cabinets. Thus, the synthesis of competing preferences. Plus I hear his guitars don’t throw stones.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I wish I could play as well
As any of you.
Right you are.
My guitars were trained not to throw stones, because they live in glass houses.
For new comers who haven’t see the cabinets, here is a quick tour. ME has been replaced with a DGT and archtop has been replaced with a hub cap tele.

There's something wrong with my math. My subtraction somehow turns into addition. I got rid of one and ended up with 3 more. In reality, I have 5 good guitars. Taylor acoustic, Core McCarty 22, Core McCarty 594, S2 594, and a 59 LP Reissue. I don't count my 4 Warmoth's LOL. Trying to sell 3 of them, but no takers yet.

So...half at through the month, I’m really happy with the electric (violin). If it was all I had room for, it would work. Classical was always a no brainer - I’ve never had more than one, at least for as longer as it took a daughter to claim the previous one.

Steel acoustic is trickier. The story that the wood tells is much more compelling on an acoustic. At least in my mind.

For what it’s worth, I’ve been more creative than I have been in a while. I’m not likely to try to figure out why.

So...half at through the month, I’m really happy with the electric (violin). If it was all I had room for, it would work. Classical was always a no brainer - I’ve never had more than one, at least for as longer as it took a daughter to claim the previous one.

Steel acoustic is trickier. The story that the wood tells is much more compelling on an acoustic. At least in my mind.

For what it’s worth, I’ve been more creative than I have been in a while. I’m not likely to try to figure out why.

Now “three bikes”;)

Back