The Thread That We Post Purple PRS In To Torture JustRob.

I checked with them, they say they sent me the right one. We'll see. Going to have to get a Benedetto B-6 and a something else for that one...
Prettiest purple guitar I've ever seen, and possibly the prettiest guitar I've ever seen period, is at http://www.shampoch.com/prs-408-limited.html

Love the rosewood neck. The back shot is almost as gorgeous as the front.
That's purple? Maybe you've seen the guitar in person. Looks blue in the pictures?

That's purple? Maybe you've seen the guitar in person. Looks blue in the pictures?
They call it charcoal purple burst, and to my eye it has a slightly more violet-purple thing going on than it has blue.
It's actually nearly a match for the eyes of one of my cats. They are Siamese half-brothers, and one's eyes are violet while the other's are blazing blue.

Exactly! I figured, instead of screwing around, just order what I want. Will definitely post pictures, but it'll be a couple months.

As a fellow admirer of purple guitars, Congratulations! I was considering ordering the exact same thing. May I call Dibs if you ever decide to sell it! Unless I bite the bullet and order my own! A PRS Hollowbody is the best!

As a fellow admirer of purple guitars, Congratulations! I was considering ordering the exact same thing. May I call Dibs if you ever decide to sell it! Unless I bite the bullet and order my own! A PRS Hollowbody is the best!
Lollers. I'm really bad about selling guitars, so don't hold your breath. Also, it probably wouldn't be my first choice to sell. But I'll tell you what -- I'll let my sisters know that you're interested, just in case I get hit by the proverbial truck.

I miss this thread... no one else has bought a purple guitar recently to share? :/

Sorry to bump this... but the purples are my favorite and I just remembered this thread existed.

It was a slip up. I have been selling my guitars off and have sold 12 recently, including the 513 in my avatar. I was feeling a little depressed after waiving them all off, so I cheered myself up a bit with this one. Just waiting for buyers remorse to kick in.

It is much more impressive in the wood than pictures can depict. Acoustically, it is amazing! It rings like a bell and is laden with harmonic overtones which pop out every time you hold and shake a note, and that is without being plugged in.

Well , if buyer's remorse hits you a little too hard , you let me know . I'm droolin', after that description .

Reactions: MNG
Outstanding! Nice to have that video of the build too!

Yes. And there are about 100 professional photo's of the end to end process. From Paul choosing the wood through production to Studio shots of the finished guitar.

There is also a story on the PRS website. I didn't know any of that until after I bought it, so it came as quite a pleasant surprise.

That is simply the most beautiful guitar!

Thanks very much. It would not have been my first choice and I would have preferred a tobacco or McCarty burst with plain birds, but it looks better in the wood and it's looks have grown on me. The tone though is incredible.

imgrc0072311255.jpg
imgrc0072311261.jpg
imgrc0072311260.jpg
imgrc0072311256.jpg

I love tops with character like this one.

Last edited:
Back