The System is Down....

Nice! That would be a fun track to jam too.

Sweet. Dig that fuzz tone. What is the signal chain?

The title reminds me of one of my favorite web toons:

I'm doing this from memory (I'm at work and can't look up my notes which are at home).

The guitar is the PRS Vela. One track played using the neck pickup, the other track played through the bridge pickup. The guitar is plugged into my Mesa Boogie 5:25. The Mesa has two channels, but three separate pre-amp paths per channel. I THINK I did the neck pickup take on the crunch setting of the clean channel, and the bridge pickup take on the Mark IIC+ setting of the gain channel.

The amp out goes into my UAD OX. This lets me record silently. The cabinet emulation is a 2x12, closed back with Alnico speakers. I don't remember the specifics for the mic emulations used, but I am going to GUESS that it's a 57 with a 421 on the cabinet and probably a 4038 for the room mic.

I ran it through a little bit of delay and an 1176 emulation (just a touch) before being routed into a UAD Apollo (silver face)

Thanks for listening!!

Nice! That would be a fun track to jam too.

I think you can download it from Soundcloud if you want. If not, I'm more than happy to mail you the .wav, or .mp3 or whatever. If you want, I'm more than happy to send each track separately (two guitars, bass, stereo drums) if you want to play with it that way. Let me know!!

Back