The story behind the guitar...

Pics for the above post as it won't let me add them there.

Pictures659.jpg

a17Pictures664.jpg

Pictures661.jpg

Pictures663.jpg

IMG3446.jpg

Pawn10.jpg

Pawn01.jpg

Pawn3.jpg

Pawn2.jpg

Pawn1.jpg

Very cool guitar, great backstory, and I love the signs!

For years, I have played in local musical theater productions. The problem that I have had is there usually isn't room in the pit for all the instruments the guitarist is required to play nor usually time to switch between them. I'd tried a JTV-Variax and a Strat with a GK-3 on it, but those didn't have the quality that my PRSi had. After years of collecting other PRS guitars under the guise of doing research for this one, a convenient excuse came along to get the ball rolling in order to honor my 50th birthday and my 30 years at NASA.

To honor my career, I wanted the guitar to be a reflection nebula in wood. After looking at a lot of photos of nebulae from Hubble, I decided the best match would be a chaotic quilt top of some sort in a reddish pink color representing the clouds of molecular hydrogen and oxygen found in them. The other features on the guitar were an amalgamation of features from other guitars in my collection with a ghost piezo/MIDI system added to it. Contained in it are various things I've loved about the 513, the SAS Studio, the Experience P22, the DGT, and the Modern Eagle. Understanding my intentions, the Private Stock team chose the color of the knobs making them a perfect asterism of bright young stars illuminating the nebula behind them.

Inlaid on the truss rod cover is the word "Afterglow." The reason is that the sun and the earth were born in the Great Nebula of Orion which itself came from ancient stars, so everything that is or was or will be is the afterglow of those stars. The guitar is also an amalgamation of what came before which I have added to; and when it leaves me, someone else will add their own to it as well making it sort of an afterglow of what has come before and will be.
IMG_8431.jpg

GoodCaseCloseFix.jpg
AfterglowHeadstock.jpg

Last edited:
For years, I have played in local musical theater productions. The problem that I have had is there usually isn't room in the pit for all the instruments the guitarist is required to play nor usually time to switch between them. I'd tried a JTV-Variax and a Strat with a GK-3 on it, but those didn't have the quality that my PRSi had. After years of collecting other PRS guitars under the guise of doing research for this one, a convenient excuse came along to get the ball rolling in order to honor my 50th birthday and my 30 years at NASA.

To honor my career, I wanted the guitar to be a reflection nebula in wood. After looking at a lot of photos of nebulae from Hubble, I decided the best match would be a chaotic quilt top of some sort in a reddish pink color representing the clouds of molecular hydrogen and oxygen found in them. The other features on the guitar were an amalgamation of features from other guitars in my collection with a ghost piezo/MIDI system added to it. Contained in it are various things I've loved about the 513, the SAS Studio, the Experience P22, the DGT, and the Modern Eagle. Understanding my intentions, the Private Stock team chose the color of the knobs making them a perfect asterism of bright young stars illuminating the nebula behind them.

Inlaid on the truss rod cover is the word "Afterglow." The reason is that the sun and the earth were born in the Great Nebula of Orion which itself came from ancient stars, so is everything that is or was or will be is the afterglow of those stars. The guitar is also an amalgamation of what came before which I have added to; and when it leaves me, someone else will add their own to it as well making it sort of an afterglow of what has come before and will be.
IMG_8431.jpg

GoodCaseCloseFix.jpg

(The Big) Bangin’!

Inlaid on the truss rod cover is the word "Afterglow." The reason is that the sun and the earth were born in the Great Nebula of Orion which itself came from ancient stars, so is everything that is or was or will be is the afterglow of those stars. The guitar is also an amalgamation of what came before which I have added to; and when it leaves me, someone else will add their own to it as well making it sort of an afterglow of what has come before and will be.
IMG_8431.jpg

GoodCaseCloseFix.jpg
Bloody brilliant mate!

Back