The Stars Have Aligned

Congrats on find a guitar so obviously closely suited to you!
Good you hear such enthusiasm for a new guitar.

But where did that green quilt one come from? Have I missed something?

Congrats on find a guitar so obviously closely suited to you!
Good you hear such enthusiasm for a new guitar.

But where did that green quilt one come from? Have I missed something?

The green quilt is a Wood Library “bakers dozen” according to PRS. Apparently it started out life as part of a wood library run but for some reason they decided to sell it as a one off instead. The only thing they’d tell me about the color was that it was a custom finish so it doesn’t have a name as far as I know, but I believe it’s close to a mash green smokeburst but with matching binding.

The green quilt is a Wood Library “bakers dozen” according to PRS. Apparently it started out life as part of a wood library run but for some reason they decided to sell it as a one off instead. The only thing they’d tell me about the color was that it was a custom finish so it doesn’t have a name as far as I know, but I believe it’s close to a mash green smokeburst but with matching binding.

unique, unprecedented, but not unnoticed.

Congrats on your NGD! The Pattern Vintage neck carve was a game changer for me. As ViperDoc says, the 594 is perfect for Rush tunes :). I went all in via PS to get the trem and piezo but had to give up 0.094” to do it (I had an AL LP a few years back).

African Blackwood reminds me of Ebony on feel and look, but sonically is a little warmer.

You’ll all be happy to know I’ve been jamming out to tons of different Rush songs on it. I can get surprisingly close to Alex Lifeson’s ES-355 tones using the 594 with my Helix. I’ll have the house to myself tonight so I’m excited to see how it sounds through my Mini Dirty Shirley. My wife and mom have been laughing with how obsessed I am with the 594 but they just don’t understand the bond!

congratulations.
stunning instrument and very nice color combination between hardware, pickup rings and fretboard.

good you will play a lot of rush songs with it.

one question comes to my mind looking stop tail prs: is the neck angled compared to the body, like any other guitar brand right?

The neck angle is one of the things that has changed very slightly on the stoptails over the years, just like the headstock angle. Part of the fun in finding PRS that speak to you personally. And you can find the magic guitars at every price level.

Back