The Stars Have Aligned

21Hemispheres12

Old Member
Well...I've finally acquired the "one". I know the "one" is something we say a lot but for me this is where my years have playing have led me in being the ultimate guitar for me. This story is a bit lengthy but if you stick around there are lots of pictures at the end!

Since I started playing at the age of 12 I've always been about Les Paul's. My first "real" guitar was a Dean Evo special in quilt black, which for anyone that doesn't know is a very Les Paul inspired guitar. Over the years I had a little bit of everything from Fender Strat's to Ibanez RG's but I always came back to Les Paul's, they just had the sound and vibe I liked.

As I was buying and trying different guitars growing up, PRS always caught my eye. I have had many pet birds so birds were always close to me and the way the guitars looked made me drool but at that point in time there was no way I could afford one so I pressed on. Eventually in my early 20's I purchased a used Les Paul G0 that has been my number one ever since...well until now that is.

Back in 2017 I finally made the leap on my first PRS the Reclaimed CE24. I was just blown away by that guitar and still am to this day. It was so comfortable and easy to play and made playing my Les Paul almost seem like a chore. That got the wheels spinning in my mind, could PRS make something that could take everything I loved about the CE24 and Les Paul and mash it into one perfect guitar?

Well the 594 seemed like the perfect answer to my question. I looked at them constantly but as the prices on them were still high I never found quite what I was looking for and just continued to look from 2017 until last week.

I had pretty specific requirements that I knew wouldn't be easy to find at my price point. I wanted double cut for the access to high frets and light weight, semi-hollow because I loved the tone of the semi hollow CE24, a satin maple neck just like my favorite neck on my custom 24 and of course some beautiful flame maple to go along with it all.

Well this summer I decided to sell my motorcycle as I just wasn't riding it much anymore. It sold surprisingly fast and for more than I expected to get so I was very pleased with that. I was browsing CME the next day and noticed a used Wood Library 594 had just come in and I immediately knew if I didn't pull the trigger now I would regret it for a long time.

So after some haggling I am now the proud owner of a Satin Wood Library 594 Semi-Hollow. It has a crazy flame satin maple neck finished in Charcoal, African Blackwood fretboard, Korina back and an artist flame maple top finished in Charcoal and to top it off, smoked chrome hardware.

I've been playing it as much as I can and I just honestly can't believe the way this guitar sounds and plays. It feels like a guitar I've owned my entire life and sounds as beautiful clean as it does distorted. The notes are so full and round clean but I can kick on some gain and it snarls with the best of them. I am so beyond happy with this 594 that it blows my mind.

Tp8gkwE.jpg

t3XyQfT.jpg

1TXGepb.jpg

UUnFqsl.jpg

Ngw4OP8.jpg

SDy8NWW.jpg

Great that you found it. Blackwood board alone is special. Nice.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! It’s always a joy to share special days like this on a forum with a great community.

Speaking of the Blackwood fretboard I completely forgot to talk about that. I’ve never played an exotic board before but I can really notice a difference in feel of this wood. It’s smooth as glass as I bend the strings and extremely hard under my fingers. Easily my favorite fretboard wood now although I’ve never played Brazilian rosewood so it would be interesting to compare the two.

That hybrid hardware looks sick. I have nickle/gold hybrid hardware on my Brazilian...but that black chrome(?) and gold is sweet next to that charcoal finish! Great fiddle.

You'd probably find the differences to be in the response (snappiness) between yours and Braz. Hard to explain tone differences but for sure your board is more slick feeling and fast than most Braz or IR. I love playing ebony and that is what your board should feel very much like. Easy to play and move fast on when called for. It's a good treat.

Last edited:
Killer! That’s private stock level!

CONGRATULATIONS. The 594 is without doubt the best guitar ever made. It is literally the perfect guitar. I know it doesn't have the wang dipper, but with all those tones in one package, plus with your semi-hollow and satin love connection... you can do things you never thought possible. ENJOY!!!

EDIT: Plus, it absolutely kills when playing Rush. Just sayin'.

Back