The Standard 24 Thread.

sergiodeblanc

I'm finding myself looking at a ton of Standard 24's lately. Who's got one? What's the "best" color? May I see yours?

Mine is the SE Translucent blue and it is sensational. Bluer than blue. Blue is the best color to have in this model. Also, mine was on a long loan to my nephew and I got it back Christmas Day. He loved it. I am delighted to be reunited with it again, really. To keep the theme going I gave him a Gibson Les Paul to try. It has a neck so fat you would not believe - haha. If he masters that everything else will be a breeze :)

Mine is the SE Translucent blue and it is sensational. Bluer than blue. Blue is the best color to have in this model. Also, mine was on a long loan to my nephew and I got it back Christmas Day. He loved it. I am delighted to be reunited with it again, really. To keep the theme going I gave him a Gibson Les Paul to try. It has a neck so fat you would not believe - haha. If he masters that everything else will be a breeze :)
Erm blue! Do you know who @sergiodeblanc is. :eek::D

That he can, or he could find some other wonderful way to decorate his new Standard 24 and entertain all o_Oo_O

Here you go - best colour IMO.

QFVNN1T.jpg

I like my no BS black satin... but this one is hard to beat.

Satin black is stunning too - I should know - but there is just something about seeing those natural lines in the wood that makes this finish edge out the black. Ironically enough, I really wanted one in Vintage Cherry, but I could not find one and “settled” for this colour. My opinion changed pretty quickly once I opened the case for the first time...

Satin black is stunning too - I should know - but there is just something about seeing those natural lines in the wood that makes this finish edge out the black. Ironically enough, I really wanted one in Vintage Cherry, but I could not find one and “settled” for this colour. My opinion changed pretty quickly once I opened the case for the first time...

Yeah, I would take that over VC any day!

There's more about your guitar here on John Crunch's now archived Vintage PRS site, still visible courtesy of the way back when time machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/2016030...rs-banana-yellow-standard-serial-6-14xx-3160/

The old pre-standards/standards are probably my favorate of all PRS' offerings over the years - I especially liked this early yellow one too:
https://web.archive.org/web/2016030...ellow-namm-pre-standard-paul-reed-smith-1071/

Thanks for posting.

Back