The sobriety club

North east of UK, would Newcastle Brown be your tipple?
I spent many a night in my teens with the old Pewky Newky! It may have been the first beer I drank which made me sick in the street. Not a pretty picture, I know, but those were the days (the late 60s) and that was the northeast way of doing things back then. But I didn't grow up in Newcastle. I grew up in a little market town just south of Teesside.

I spent many a night in my teens with the old Pewky Newky! It may have been the first beer I drank which made me sick in the street. Not a pretty picture, I know, but those were the days (the late 60s) and that was the northeast way of doing things back then. But I didn't grow up in Newcastle. I grew up in a little market town just south of Teesside.

I remember being told the story that there was a Newcastle Brown ward in the Hospital. Don’t know if that was myth or fact.

Well, it's been 15 days, my ears are still ringing and the right side of my head feels like there's a drill bit lodged between the back of my head all the way through to the back of my right eye. However, I am able to be awake more than 3 hours at a time so that's good. I had steak last night but no wine. Really missed the wine. Recent CT scan showing lots of improvement.

Wouldn't you know though, for the 1st time since 1976 the Phoenix area had 3 tornadoes in one morning and one of them hit my house. We lost 3 trees, including 2 that fell into the house. I'm so glad November 2019 is over because that whole month can suck my hairy nut sack.

Well, it's been 15 days, my ears are still ringing and the right side of my head feels like there's a drill bit lodged between the back of my head all the way through to the back of my right eye. However, I am able to be awake more than 3 hours at a time so that's good. I had steak last night but no wine. Really missed the wine. Recent CT scan showing lots of improvement.

Wouldn't you know though, for the 1st time since 1976 the Phoenix area had 3 tornadoes in one morning and one of them hit my house. We lost 3 trees, including 2 that fell into the house. I'm so glad November 2019 is over because that whole month can suck my hairy nut sack.

Great to hear about the scan.

Sucks to hear about the tornadoes. Hopefully there wasn't terrible damage to the house.

On the mend, great :)

Tornadoes, man..........Hope you have speedy insurers to get things sorted quickly without much fuss

Great news on the scan. Terrible news about the tornados. Not sure what think about the hairy sack thing.
It's just there for comic relief.

81D3VaZ0u6L._UY445_.jpg

If you wear glasses, pm me. There are things you can do to help you heal.

So I was seeing online how "Dry January" is a thing. I thought what the hell, why not give it a try? 13 days in and no alcohol.
I had never heard of it. I don’t think it would be a challenge for me.

I have stuck with your 10 minute planks though. They resulted in my target workout time of 530 hours for 2019 being something over 590.

I had never heard of it. I don’t think it would be a challenge for me.

I have stuck with your 10 minute planks though. They resulted in my target workout time of 530 hours for 2019 being something over 590.
I have a goal this year to loose the last 10 Lbs. I lost 20 last year but the last 10 are the hardest. I've got to put more time into my workout, but 10 minutes of planks would suck. Do you do them 1 minute at a time for 10 reps?

My hat's off to anyone who realizes they have a need for moderation or abstention, or action in place of inaction, and gets to work on it. Obviously, realizes is the key thing, because we all have that need in some area (or like me, areas). If the quality of your life diminishes because you avoid a substance, it's time to take an honest look. My profession gave me a three decade window into the pitfalls of failing to do so.

Cheers to all of the folks here who are working on living each day a little better. Even Richard Cranium.

Back