The "Show Off Your ZM" Thread

Hey guys, first post here. Just received my Zack Myers SE from Sweetwater. A few finish flaws on the mahogany body (looks like if the stain they used underneath the clear coat was not wiped off in a uniform fashion creating streaks) will post pictures of it later. Other than that the top looks great and the pickups are decent but will be upgraded. Will post a full review once I replace the pickups, put on new strings and give it a setup.

zNnjHGL.jpg

It sounds like the latest batch from Sweetwater including mine that arrived yesterday has some finish issues. I have the same streaking in spots and especially around the cutout. I'm not sure if I am going to keep it or complain about it yet. I still need to plug it in and see how it sounds but I have too many other things going on at the moment. I need a good hour or so to play with it before I really decide.

I picked mine (the keeper) up yesterday, and it certainly doesn't suck. As a few of you know I managed to get one from SW, as well as had one on order from a local store (the local store had previously not been a PRS dealer, and I was going to cancel the SW order, but it shipped before I could call and cancel). The SW one got sold about three weeks ago and my new one came in earlier this week, and I just got the opportunity to pick it up yesterday. The finish is more on the plain side, not quite as much flame as I've seen on others, but that doesn't bother me, I like the look of it. The thing that struck me as odd was that while some of you have gotten a PRS TRC, and some have a ZM TRC, I got neither. My TRC is blank. I suppose that means I can put MY initials on it, haha. I have thought that I might get a custom vinyl sticker to put on there or something along those lines. I was surprised to see the blank TRC though. We swapped out pickups to put a Lollar Imperial High Wind in the bridge, and a Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck. That combo rules, the guitar plays great, and I couldn't be any more pleased with it. I'll have to get the pics off of my phone to throw up here, so pics will follow shortly.

I love the look of the cover pu on this guitar... I definitely gonna put covers on mine or change to DiMarzios 36th if i think it would be an upgrade.

Enjoy it left! I wish mine would have the blank TRC too! i hate that ZM thingy!!!!

That looks great! I just had a bone nut put on mine and I can't believe the difference THAT made. I'm holding off on pickups for now.....and there's a few nice TRC on EBay right now. I'm thinking about an 'OM' symbol cover...

Monday I´ll be traveling to the USA to FINALLY meet my ZM... I´m also going to Walt Disney World with my daughters!!!

would that be a super cool week or what ?????? the best thing is that once the vacation ends I wont be sad because I´ll get to take the guitar home and plug it!!!!

Picked her up today! she's purdy!
Definitely needs a setup and some 11's on there .. No QC issues on mine, for $600 CDN its a steal

ZM1.JPG

ZM2.JPG

ZM4.JPG

Hey everyone, I assume that the ZM comes with 9's installed. Is everyone just using them, or has anyone switched them out for 10's or something else?

Hey everyone, I assume that the ZM comes with 9's installed. Is everyone just using them, or has anyone switched them out for 10's or something else?
I swapped them out right away, the 9's were way to floppy .. put 10's on and everything tightened up, the notes aren't waving as much.

I swapped them out right away, the 9's were way to floppy .. put 10's on and everything tightened up, the notes aren't waving as much.
Thanks guys, I think I will just see how I like it. My Bernie has 10's, and I like them. SwitchStance, did you have to modify the nut when you switched strings? Nice guitar family btw!

Thanks guys, I think I will just see how I like it. My Bernie has 10's, and I like them. SwitchStance, did you have to modify the nut when you switched strings? Nice guitar family btw!
10's are fine, you might have to fill it with 11's .. 12's and up for sure.

SwitchStance very nice pics!!!!

Congrats. That ZM stands proudly between its rich cousins... Nice for her!

Amazing trio. Enjoy it.

Back