The "Show Off Your ZM" Thread

OK, first post to this fantastic forum.

I picked up a used 2002 Custom 24 a couple of months ago - my first PRS. It's a bit dinged up, obviously a gigging-guitarist's guitar, not something that hung on a wall and got dusty.

I've had a hankering to explore the single cut, the hollow-body, and the spalted maple top. But it seemed like an expensive proposition to procure two or three different guitars to satisfy that particular flavor of GAS.

The above link has now satisfied that, at an affordable price. Just placed a pre-order for the Spalted Maple.

Oh yeah...July (or whenever) can't come soon enough...

Now that's how you do it!!!!

OK, first post to this fantastic forum.

I picked up a used 2002 Custom 24 a couple of months ago - my first PRS. It's a bit dinged up, obviously a gigging-guitarist's guitar, not something that hung on a wall and got dusty.

I've had a hankering to explore the single cut, the hollow-body, and the spalted maple top. But it seemed like an expensive proposition to procure two or three different guitars to satisfy that particular flavor of GAS.

The above link has now satisfied that, at an affordable price. Just placed a pre-order for the Spalted Maple.

Oh yeah...July (or whenever) can't come soon enough...

Pre-ordered my ZM in Tobacco Sunburst and even though it is not arriving until July/August I am thinking of some minor mods.

One of the minor cosmetic mods I want to do is putting some pick up covers on, could you guys tell me what size the pickup cover uses and where I can get them from?

Thanks

Now that it's coming in spalted maple it makes the decision much harder. I love the green but I also love SM. Ahhhh!!! :)

If anyone wants to preorder a spalted or burst and get rid of their green one, I'm interested... :redface:

If anyone wants to preorder a spalted or burst and get rid of their green one, I'm interested... :redface:

Haha, you and me both brother.

I'm starting to look places other than Sweetwater. I'm awfully tempted to cancel my order there, but I'm so far up on the list that I might be making a mistake with that (if they ever get them back in I'm supposed to be in the first batch). At this rate I'm liable to mess up and end up with two at some point, then I'll have one to unload. I'm running fast and loose here, hopefully I get something figured out soon.

Haha, you and me both brother.

I'm starting to look places other than Sweetwater. I'm awfully tempted to cancel my order there, but I'm so far up on the list that I might be making a mistake with that (if they ever get them back in I'm supposed to be in the first batch). At this rate I'm liable to mess up and end up with two at some point, then I'll have one to unload. I'm running fast and loose here, hopefully I get something figured out soon.

So uhh, starting to look like I'm going to have two afterall. I just greenlighted the purchase through a shop I already have a great relationship with (who just became a PRS dealer), and immediately after I got a confirmation from Sweetwater that my guitar had arrived and will be shipping to me soon, so JDelage, I may have something for you very soon my friend.

As I said - I'm interested. If you want to call Sweetwater and if they agree to the guitar coming to me I can pay them directly. That would be the least wasteful option.

i love the color. i'm so tempted by these pics!

if they offered a SE Custom 24 in this color scheme, i'd probably already have one of those.

i don't have a semi-hollow in my stable yet, so this looks like something i'll nab later this year.

to those swapping pickups, what are you putting in? how do these guys handle gain, given the semi-hollow design?

to those swapping pickups, what are you putting in? how do these guys handle gain, given the semi-hollow design?

As I mentioned a couple of pages back, I'm putting in sheptone tributes. I prefer a more vintage tone. If you are concerned about any feedback issues with the semi-hollow I wouldn't sweat it too much. I have had mine through a stacked timmy/prince of tone into a cranked tungsten crema wheat (loud 22 watts.) I stood right in front if the amp with no issues. Now, if you have a 100 watt marshall....

My ZM in action:

13598153534_fe292500b1_b.jpg

13600208105_d5a803e531_b.jpg

oooh, what tuners and strap locks are those?
Maybe I'm just confused, but aren't those just the stock tuners?

I have strap locks on a few of my guitars, and I'm not convinced I need them. I've yet to drop a guitar when I wasn't using them...knock on wood (but not the guitar's wood). They are all the Schaller-type.

So which of the pictures in this thread are the most accurate, color-wise? It seems to really vary depending on the lighting and who took the picture.

So which of the pictures in this thread are the most accurate, color-wise? It seems to really vary depending on the lighting and who took the picture.

Depends on your screen calibration too...

Jerome's guitar definitely looks blue on my screen although I know it isn't in real life. Great pics Jerome! Would love it if SE's had the colour choice as I'm seeing it on my screen... Looks almost like faded blue jean...

195845-5.jpg

Back