The "Show Off Your ZM" Thread

Yeah, I am one of those waiting on my Sweetwater ZM too. After a lifetime of Gibsons I am going to own my first PRS!
Congrats, let us know your impressions of it compared to the Gibson.
I was blown away by my first, a 2012 SE Santana.
Much better than a brand new '73 Les Paul Deluxe I got back in '73.

Your guitar looks so sick ;)

I know right!
Btw, It now sports some Lundgren Pickups Heaven 57 PAF's for sake of the mega shootout demo;
looks very classy I must say!
1890626_10152118557664457_874165310_o.jpg

Finally got to play my Zm through my live rig yesterday, and I was blown away. It sounded as good or better than my 03' singlecut. The guitar has so much sustain, and it sounded great clean as well. Really loving this guitar. Below is my set up I played it through.

Congrats, let us know your impressions of it compared to the Gibson.
I was blown away by my first, a 2012 SE Santana.
Much better than a brand new '73 Les Paul Deluxe I got back in '73.

I will be happy to do that. Spoke with my Sweetwater Rep today and he sez that I am right in the middle of their next shipment. Told me that they have two big back to back shipments coming in soon. Maybe in early April I can compare my ZM to my Gibbys. Should be interesting. Better than a 73 Deluxe?!?! Wow now I am even more excited! Thanks.

Heck yeah we can!

So before you swap out the pickups, try adjusting the pole pieces on the pickups. Made a huge difference to my ear. So much so that I am keeping them....

Finally got to play my Zm through my live rig yesterday, and I was blown away. It sounded as good or better than my 03' singlecut. The guitar has so much sustain, and it sounded great clean as well. Really loving this guitar.

You sir, have an excellent taste is amplification! I've often told people engaging in the "Rectifier vs 5150" debate to get both and blend em! ;)

You sir, have an excellent taste is amplification! I've often told people engaging in the "Rectifier vs 5150" debate to get both and blend em! ;)

haha. Thanks. I appreciate that. You are right though. I have tried a bunch of different amp combinations, Dual Rectifier & Bogner Uberschall, Dual rectifier & Jet City 100, Dual Rectifier & Egnater Vengeance. The dual rectifier and the 6505+ running together sounds the best of any combination I have tried. I would like to try the 6534 with the dual rectifier since like most guitar players we're always looking for that "tone" haha.

If anyone sees one up for sale, please bring it to my attention. The Fret12 one has been sold.

Back